“Very enjoyable break in a characterful B&B.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Castlemount Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 72 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here recently for a few days with my sister and we had a lovely stay. My only little gripe and the reason I marked the service down was that our room was on the top floor and the morning we were leaving the proprietor sat and watched while two ladies in their seventies carried their own cases down the stairs, not very gentlemanly and unfortunately leaves a bad impression on an otherwise very good visit, shame!.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lesley4085
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at Castlemount but were also disappointed to learn that you needed help with your bags when you were leaving. We all endeavour to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and I know that both Kirsty and Jerry would have been delighted to organise help with your bags if anyone had realized you required assistance. Jerry, the proprietor, however is quite flattered that you thought him both younger and fitter than you but unfortunately neither is the case and I'm afraid it's the girls in our house who carry the bags !!!

There are newer reviews for Castlemount Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed June 21, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made welcome. Parking on road outside, it was Sunday. The ruined castle is just outside but not worth the entrance if you are not English Heritage members of 2 years or Historic Scotland. Our room huge and so was bathroom. Breakfast room has huge windows and if I had not missed them Dolphins in bay. Breakfast very good. Jerry is a real "Top Gun" US Navy man. See the medals on the stairs, real Vietnam combat etc. You must go. Also town is wonderful, good enough for future King.

Room Tip: The one you can lie in bed and see Dolphins, we didn't but someone did and told me.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My friends and I absolutely love Castlemount. Jerry, Linda, and the staff are the best. They're friendly, accommodating, and made us feel right at home from the get-go. Highly recommended place for the location (right in front of the Castle ruins!), the room, the service. Breakfast was superb and our favourite was the Eggs Benedict! It is to die for.

Room Tip: We had the Patio suite which had access to an outdoor balcony overlooking the Castle ruins and on th...
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My father and I just returned from our trip to St. Andrews and we would highly recommend the Castlemount for its location, comfort, and service. JerryB and Linda were very accommodating. We played golf everyday and since we left before breakfast was served, Jerry B made us meal bags to take with us with Ham/Cheese sandwich, fruit, energy bar, drinks, etc. The one day we did dine in the dining room he prepared us a delicious breakfast of eggs/sausage/toast with all of the serve yourself options (cereal, dried fruit, oatmeal, etc.). Finally, JerryB took ownership of our experience and really demonstrated a commitment to us our entire stay. My dad and I flew out of Glasgow and when we reached Prestwick Golf Course the day before we left the country, we realized we left our golf travel bags. I called Jerry and he went into action. He arranged for a local cab service to pick up our bags and have them delivered to our hotel in Glasgow without any hiccups. When we returned home to the US we also realized we left our sports jackets in the room closet. Jerry mailed them out that same day.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great Location. Walking distance to everything St. Andrews! Very nice B and B. Owner is talkative and opinionated, but it is his house.....Very nice rooms! Very good value for St. Andrews

1  Thank jayinvail
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My mother and I stayed here and absolutely loved it! The location couldn't be better - we could see the castle ruins and ocean from the shower! Spacious rooms and beautifully decorated house. Amazing hospitality and a delicious breakfast with wide selection of delicious food. Laundry facilities were available which we greatly appreciated. Comfortable beds. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The B&B is run by a retired American naval pilot, and there are American standards of comfort and decor. The bedrooms are clean and comfortable and rather expensive. The host is very gregarious.

2  Thank Artaficionado