Fairmont St Andrews
$359
$199
$184
Travelocity
Albany Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$151
$146
  • Breakfast included
Ardgowan Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$191
  • Restaurant
Hotel Du Vin(St. Andrews)
$192
$167
$84
Rufflets Hotel(St. Andrews)
$177
$170
$99
  • Restaurant
The Dunvegan Hotel(St. Andrews)
3,629 results
All reviewsla cucinakittocks denrock and spindlecourtesy busgolf coursebar and grillafternoon teabeautiful hotelchanging roomsspa treatmentsleisure facilitiesfront of housesea viewgreat golfspecial occasionjunior suitebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Had a great stay at this hotel, a very warm and friendly welcome. We went for one night and had a spa package. The spa treatments were fantastic, very professional staff, and the facilities were in top condition, and included a sauna, steam room and jaccuzi next to the pool. My husband played a game of golf on a very well maintained golf course.
Our room was very spacious and the bathroom had both a bath and shower. The whole experience was very luxurious and had a fantastic sleep on a very comfy bed!
Breakfast was great, and there were plenty of very friendly and helpful staff around to serve.
The hotel is a short journey away from the main town of st andrews. There was a shuttle bus service available however we just drove ourselves. This had a positive point as you are more into the country and allows for great scenery.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Fairmont in St Andrews for one night. I found the receptionists, both at check in and check out very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. The seperate bath and shower were great and the bath products smelled really nice..The breakfast was excellent, the young lady who brought our tea/coffee and toast was lovely and afterwards we sat for a while in the Atrium and read the paper.
The grounds are beautifully kept. Overall, the hotel has a very relaxed feel. I thought, before we arrived, that it was going to be quite formal but this wasn't the case. The courtesy bus was great as we went into St Andrews for a meal and a drink and we called the number we were given by the driver, who came and picked us up. Excellent service.
We would love to return and try the spa treatments next time.
The only thing I would say was that there is no free wifi and it was quite expensive at £6 for a wee while. Most of the hotels provide this free. Perhaps the Fairmont will do this in the future. Overall I give it 5 stars.

Reviewed June 15, 2010

This was my 4th visit to this hotel in the past 5 years, used to be called the St Andrews Bay Hotel.

From the moment you drive up the very impressive long drive & are greeted by extremely friendly staff, one of whom unloads your car & then parks it for you, this hotel impresses.

The rooms are spacious, very well designed & equipped & have the most wonderful bathroom, complete with under floor heating, large bath & walk in large shower. The rooms are very clean & kept that way during your stay.

We ate in the bar and it was quite reasonable for a 5 star hotel & I'm rather a fussy vegetarian & there wasn't a lot on the menu for me but they said that I only had to ask & they would do their best to give me the food I wanted - and they did.

The gym is a good size for the hotel as is the swimming pool. Didn't use the spa facilities this time but have in the past & enjoyed my relaxing massage.

Buffet breakfast is plentiful & there is also an egg station so you can get any type of egg you wish.

Really great hotel with friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My welcome at the reception was awful. Soon forgot about it as hotel is fantastic, waiting staff at breakfasr very attentive. Beds blissfully comfortable. Check out at reception very very good, much better than my welcome, very strange!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We've just returned from our second stay this year at the Fairmont, and would have to echo a lot of the sentiment expressed elsewhere. There is no question that this is a fabulous hotel, and you can never really be critical to any significant extent - mostly the hotel does everything well and as you would expect. Others have been critical of the building, but it provides a bright, airy and spacious atmosphere - this hotel never feels crowded even when is obviously quite busy. The rooms are of a standard that would be the norm in an ideal world, each with a warm and roomy bathroom boasting a separate bath and superb walk-in shower. The leisure centre & gym are also well equipped, and of a standard befitting the hotel. My wife had a spa treatment on both stays, and was impressed with the professionalism and knowledge of the staff involved. We didn't eat in the hotel at all on this occasion, favouring instead to take advantage of the generous courtesy bus which runs to & from St Andrews every hour up to 10pm during the summer season. We ate on a couple of occasions at the hotel the previous time both in "The Squire" and also "The Rock & Spindle". Although a tad expensive, the quality and quantity of the food could not be faulted. Similarly, drinks in the hotel bars are also quite pricey, but that's probably something you have to accept in these establishments. Front line staff were also very helpful, courteous, and cheerful, particularly the concierge staff, but waiting staff equally so. Where I agree with others, is that if any criticism can be levied, it is that of the housekeeping. I think that they must have a lack of housekeeping staff, as rooms are only treated to the minimum necessary cleaning & changing, and this always seem to be later in the day. On one day of our last stay, the room wasn't attended at all. I think that this is probably this hotel's only slight weakness, and if they concentrate to address this issue then it would fully warrant it's 5 star status.