“Quality service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Glenderran Guest House
Ranked #3 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our party of golfers have stayed at Glenderran lots of times and the quality of service is second to none. Maggie and Ray are very pleasant hosts and provide a clean and comfortable environment.
Maggie's breakfast's set you up for the day and are very well prepared.
Anybody seeking quality accommodation in St Andrews will not be disappointed in choosing Glenderran.
We will return again and again!

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and very clean
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My cousin and I went on a golf trip to St Andrews and decided to stay at Glenderran Guest House.

What a pleasant surprise. Ray and Maggie's service was out of this world. Ray not only took care of entering us in the Old Course ballot, but he also ensured we had breakfast packs as our tee time was to early for normal breakfast (he even came to watch us as we teed off on the old course).

The breakfast was excellent and had a good variety.

The rooms was extremely neat with all that we required.

I will highly recommend Glenderran Guest House for any person travelling to St Andrews.

Regards
Johan Riekert

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JOHAN R
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have stayed at Glenderran for a number of years now. Maggie and Ray are excellent hosts, and nothing is too much trouble for them. The accommodation is immaculate and clean. There are plenty of choices for breakfast. We would not choose to stay anywhere else in St Andrews. Glenderran is perfectly located, within walking distance of everything you need in St Andrews. We have only just got back from our most recent stay, and we were pleased to see that nothing has changed. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My better half and I were only in St Andrews for an overnight stay so wanted to stay somewhere centrally. While Glenderran certainly didn't disappoint on that front (it is very convenient for both the town and the golf course), what I will remember most is the immaculate accommodation and the fantastic hospitality we received from Ray & Maggie. They are such convivial hosts and were so warm towards ourselves and the other guests that we almost thought we had entered an exclusive club! The room was great, the bed extremely comfortable and the breakfast absolutely first rate. They also have a good range of guidebooks and fast wifi which, as an information source, was only surpassed by the excellent personal knowledge Ray very kindly offered. While good for all types of guests, I would exceptionally recommend Glenderran for Couples and families. We will certainly not think of staying anywhere else in the future. Top Stuff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Ray and Maggie were wonderfully flexible as I planned my itinerary in advance, since my changing schedule required several amendments before it settled. My two nights at Glenderran were cozy and complete, followed by resplendent breakfasts (best porridge you'll ever eat!). I found the room a bit small, but not a bit uncomfortable and very worth the affordable price. Ray was very welcoming to my daughter, who joined me for breakfasts: I felt like we'd made a new family friend. I also really appreciated their library of books about Scottish history and culture--it added a lot to my visit to St. Andrews. I would definitely stay there again, and recommend it enthusiastically.

Room Tip: Ask for a thorough orientation to the shower.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Glenderran guest house for 2 night stay for my birthday. The hosts Ray and Maggie were fab. Our room was clean and spacious. We stayed in room number 2, which is located at the top floor. Breakfast was lovely with lots of choice. The location of the Guest house was excelllent. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weenixie
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the one night we spent in St. Andrews. It is perfectly located within a very short walking distance to St. Andrews, the shoreline and restaurants. We drove from Edinburgh that morning and had arranged with Maggie to stop in around 10:00 AM to leave our luggage on our way to play golf at Kingsbarns Golf Course. Maggie warmly greeted us at the front door (which is always locked, so just ring the bell) and gave us perfect directions to the course located 8 miles away and handed us our room key. Upon our return, our luggage was in our top floor room - very comfy and well appointed. Breakfast was delicious. Ray was very personable and gave us helpful information for our drive to the Highlands. (We had a GPS but local knowledge is always a plus.) We will definitely stay at Glenderran Guest House when we return to St. Andrews.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple