“Excellent group dinner”

Ranked #18 of 158 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The idea for our restaurant has been a wee while in the making but when it comes to age it's got nothing on the building we will soon be calling home.After conducting a little research turns out our building once housed a 'Cleek Factory' owned by Robert Forgan, a name known to many for making the best golf clubs money can buy/We are proud of our building's history and here's hoping a little bit of their success rubs off on us.So with Mitchell's deli next door, in homage to local butcher and proprietor Murray Mitchell we thought it only right...Forgan's opening spring 2013Opening Spring 2013Craft Beers & Ales, Restaurant, Public Bar, Private Bothy's, Ceilidh Club, Cookery classes, Wine Club, Live Music, Monthly Dining Society, Host Your Own Roast, Local Suppliers & Producers.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you've got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
Reviewed August 15, 2018

We went here as a group of 8 after an afternoon round of golf and we did not go home hungry. The staff was attentive. The menu provided many choices. The atmosphere was great, especially with the live music. Well done to the staff at Forgans!

Date of visit: August 2018
ForgansGM, General Manager at Forgan's St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Dear jrousseau10, thank you for taking the time to review Forgan's. I'm glad to hear that you received attentive service and that our live music added favourably to the atmosphere of your recent visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michelle Nabal

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed August 15, 2018

I visited Forgan's twice while in Scotland in August. This was after visiting around the same time last year, for the first time. The food was brilliant and I love the setting. The staff were attentive and helpful. I will definitely be going back as now I feel no trip to St Andrews will be complete without a meal at Forgan's.

Date of visit: August 2018

Dear Chris D, thank you for your great review. I'm very pleased to hear that we have become a regular inclusion on your trips to Scotland and that you enjoy our food and setting. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting St Andrews.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

We where at the restaurant for lunch on Monday with our grandchildren the children's menu was excellent and they both enjoyed there meals, the meals we had where very good the only complaint I thought the service was a bit slow I do not know ifthis was because the restaurant was very busy

Date of visit: August 2018

Dear patriciasmith2016, thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I'm pleased to hear you liked our children's menu - at Forgans we pride ourselves on being a quality meal out for all the family. If you are interested you can find information about our children's events such as the kids' cinema club and face-painting days on our website. We do try our best to maintain our top service at peak times but I am sorry to hear that you received slow service on your most recent visit. We hope that you return again soon so that we may improve on this during your next visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Not a single complaint about this place. The decor and food were both lovely. Our table was served by Catherine and I can’t remember the last time I had such good customer service, a credit to your company. I also overheard her helping a table of American tourists and again her service was excellent, explaining dishes on the menu to them etc. Overall, a perfect meal out.

1  Thank Alison R

Dear Alison R, thank you for your lovely review. I'm pleased to hear you were so impressed by our customer service and will make sure to pass on your comments to Catherine. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We come to this restaurant every year as I love the decoration. However the quality in the food and the service has declined since the new management. I had a very light piece of chicken and my husband had a very average burger bun and overall the burger was very basic with no filling like onions or pickles.
Such a shame to rest on one’s laurels and have your customers disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2018
ForgansGM, General Manager at Forgan's St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Stéphany R, thank you for reviewing our restaurant. I am pleased to hear you visit us yearly and that you like our decor. However, I am sorry that on your last visit you have experienced a decline in our food and service. In the five years that we have been open, Forgan's has maintained a consistent management team. We value your feedback about the chicken and the burger and this will be passed on to the kitchen management. If you would like to discuss your experience further, I can be contacted on 01334466973.
We hope that you return to Forgan's again so that we restore your faith in our service.