“Well worth the visit great course.”

St. Andrews Bay Golf Resort
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Played the Torrance course as part of week end of golf in Scotland./ The course was the star of the week end with all in our party raving about it on the day. It is a tough fair terst of golf but also enjoyable with the views over the Bay. the Staf in Shop were great and helpful Bar prices a little steep but what the heck overall a great day. Note however that on the Torrance course there on "Buggies Allowed" so check before to go.

There are newer reviews for St. Andrews Bay Golf Resort

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just played the Torrance golf course at the Fairmont resort just outside of St Andrews, course itself was in good condition. We made use of a green free golf 2 for 1 voucher and it still cost £70-00 each. Firstly we were surprised on arrival that there were only about five cars parked in the car park so we could have played really at any time as tha course was deserted. We wonder if they are feeling the pinch considering the full green fee being £140 !!
Needless to say we won't be returning. For another £15 we could have played the Old Course, which was in immaculate condition.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just got back from trip to St Andrews with Blue Anchor Golf Society.
First played the Old Course and what an experience it was.I would definitely recommend a caddie mine was called Jim. From the first tee he was a great help and really enhanced my round with his vast knowledge of the course and guiding me around it and had a great round of golf.Then it was on to the Fairmont at St Andrews Bay where we stayed a couple of nights and played the Torrence and Kittock courses which are really stunning courses along the coast and a tough test of golf which are a joy to play. The hotel is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of stopping in with the rooms very spacious and spotless,food unbelievable,and staff couldn't do enough for you. If you enjoy your golf like I do St Andrews is the place for you

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Returned here after an excellent weekend in May. I am not sure if there was a staff shortage but I saw 2 groups cleaning their own tables in the atrium relax area. The queues for breakfast were so horrendous everyone was mucking in! I mistakenly thought one gentleman in the evening was a waiter as he w cleaning his table (spray & cloth supplied) but there was no service available in the evening either as it was busy. Surely this means someone should have been covering. I noticed tables were not cleared of drinks around the hotel & did in fact report this to reception who said they would notify house keeping immediately. Our coffee cups had not been refreshed since morning either & no water on our 2nd eve so had to ask. Kids were running around although admittedly that is parents fault. They were jumping on furniture & a football even fell over the balcony. I suggest great care is needed from management on all these fronts as I would be sceptical about choosing the right time to return here.

1  Thank ManchesterSmurf
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent two days at St Andrews whilst attending the Dunhill Classic golf competition and had a great time. I have been to St Andrews on a few occasions as my son plays golf and has played the old course a couple of times. However this time we were watching the golf with my two friends and we all enjoyed walking the course watching the professional golfers and also the celebrities that were playing.
We had drinks in the Jigger which was busy but still retained a nice atmosphere. If I was going to be totally honest the downside is I feel the staff at St Andrews are a bit stuffy but not unfriendly if you know what I mean?
Anyway, we will be back as Richie and his Uncle Mike want to play the old course and Alison and I will sit and have coffee and just take in the atmosphere of this wonderful place.