“A Perfect Start to Your Morning”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Failte Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Spent a night there while attending a conference in St Andrews. Can't recommend it enough - warm, welcoming, lovely room, but I have to mention the breakfast... it was impeccable. Firstly, there was a great choice, and after starting with a wonderfully fresh fruit salad with yogurt, the continental breakfast was the perfect main course. I don't usually bother with these reviews, but, Failte deserves one, and I'll be staying there whenever I'm in St Andrews again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband, Son and Dad stayed for 3 nights. Jean and Campbell are such lovely people with exceptional hospitality, so helpful, genuine and friendly. The B & B was so clean, the rooms very warm and comfortable and the breakfasts wonderful. We definitely can't wait to return to St Andrews. Great location lovely and quiet, great bus route and short walk to town. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Jean was very hospitable and accommodating, even when my train from London was delayed and I arrived quite late. The room was clean and well equipped; the b and b looks unassuming from the outside but was very comfortable inside. Also there is more than one walking route into town; both scenic (along the beach) and using back roads so you are closer to town than it might look - less than 15 mins to the top of south street. Compared to other b&bs it was really good value.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is the first time that I've written a Trip Advisor review, but I wanted to take the time from my busy schedule (I am an international lawyer and novelist), to applaud Jean and Campbell for their exceptional hospitality. I visited St. Andrews where my daughter is a university student, and sought a B&B that was close to the town centre and reasonably priced. Not only did Failte meet these criteria, but my en-suite room was large and comfortable, the breakfast (chosen from a menu) was delicious and generous, and Jean and Campbell were simply lovely and helpful. I will definitely stay at Failte on future visits to my daughter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the first time I have written a review. On this occasion felt moved to do so as the room was so immaculate and the host and hostess, Campbell and Jean, couldn't have been more helpful or considerate. The B&B is a short walk (15 mins) from the town centre and as a bonus there is a bus stop outside the front door. Breakfast was first class with a very good selection. I thoroughly recommend. Tremendous value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Jean and Campbell are a very nice couple.
They managed to accommodate my dietary requirement (not every one is willing to...!) and the room was nice and clean.
The price was optimal,
Good value for money!

Laura

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was great arriving at Failte Bed and Breakfast on an otherwise dark and rainy Monday night! Jean and Campbell welcomed us warmly despite the late time of arrival. They are lovely, attentive hosts and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in their wonderful home. The room ("Chestnut") was comfortable and cosy, with a kettle and hot chocolate to warm us. The area was friendly and quiet, so we had a good night's rest with only the seagulls waking us.The breakfast was delicious and we admired the spacious, comfortable-looking lounge. Such a pity we couldn't stay longer! But we'll certainly come back again. Failte brightened up our first night in St. Andrews and the next day the autumn sun was shining...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple