“Excellent personality suitable for Failte (welcome)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Failte Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I believe Failte is the best of the best in that the personality of the owner is excellent, which is the most important factor in choosing b/b.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments Mr Harada. We loved having you and your friends here on your golfing pilgrimage.

Jean and Campbell

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stopped off at Failte on a bike trip and was delighted with my choice. Warm welcome, lovely room and a cracking breakfast. Short walk to the town centre too. Thoroughly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I always stay in B&B while we travel in UK. This time we attended our son's graduation ceremony in St Andrews and we chose Failte through the Trip Advisor website. Some unexpected and unforgetable experience from booking till check out. We changed the booking schedule, change number of rooms..... and Jean entertained all our requests. Campbell took care our suite cases... moving up and down the room. He walked in to say good-bye with us just before we check out. The facilites are excellent and the owners are so nice to the guests. It is a great enjoy to stay in Failte!! .... Louis from Hong Kong

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend was over visiting from America and we did a tour of Scotland. St Andrews was our first stop and we stayed here. The owners are absolutely wonderful and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was phenomenal, but nice and simple at the same time. The location is a short walk from the beach and also from the town center and all of the tourist attractions. It was nice not to be right in the hub of everything, like a little oasis away from the bustle (if you can call it that) of downtown St. Andrews. St Andrews itself is a quaint little city with lots to see and do, great places to dine, and a cute little B&B not too far away. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Jean was a wonderful host for my short stay in St Andrews, she was extremely welcoming and very helpful. The room I was in was spotless and facilities were perfect. Unfortunately I had a golf game before I had a chance to sample breakfast but even if it was half as good as everything else it would have been excellent. Would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to all.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a wonderful B&B! Jean is very nice and a great cook! It's worth staying here just for her breakfasts. I stayed in the Grape Room - twin beds and a private bathroom. Everything was very clean and the bedroom was comfy and quiet. The house is a little ways outside the centre of town, but there is a bus stop directly across the street and if you're willing to walk it only takes about ten to fifteen minutes. If I ever make it back to St. Andrews, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have just spent a night in Failte, run by Jean and Campbell. Failte is the perfect B&B with very comfortable, modern rooms, cosy beds, spotlessly clean toilet facilities and an amazing variety of eats at breakfast. The house is a pleasant ten-minute walk from the centre of St Andrews. Having spent a couple of nights in a hotel further North, I can honestly say Failte's comforts far outweighed those of the hotel and at a far more reasonable price! My husband and I play golf and look forward to returning to St Andrews for a round or two. Failte has facilities for keeping clubs safe overnight, which would be a big bonus. We look forward to returning to Failte soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple