We spent a week in Scotland, staying in small B&B's as well as nice hotels and this was by far the most disappointing experience. It all started when the front desk could not find my reservation. They stated I had a reservation for the following weekend. At first I thought perhaps I booked incorrectly, but I provided them a print off from their website stating that I indeed did have a reservation for that night. They then proceeded to try to put my in a room that did not have a course view. I again demonstrated ON THE PRINT OUT FROM THEIR WEBSITE that I had reserved a course view room. After a bit of scrambling they did find a room for us. When we arrived in our room, I was disappointed to see that the room was tucked in a corner and had a large amount of obstructed view of the course due to the finishings on the building. The only way I could see the course was climbing out of the window and standing on the roof of the other part of the building that was just outside my window. Very disappointing, but as we had already wasted a great deal of time on this already, I chose not to try to move rooms and enjoy the town.
The restaurant upstairs is extremely overpriced. We went there for a drink and found the whisky to be about 12 pounds while downstairs in the Jigger Inn the same whisky was 3 pounds. Ridiculous!!
The people were nice enough, but for the outrageous price, I really expected more. Again, it is a fine place, but not a good value. I love the town of St Andrews and can't wait to return, but there are so many other options for places to stay, I will find another, more reasonable place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland