Expecting a lot from our first stay at a leading hotel of the world and it certainly delivered.
The room overlooked the 17th hole, I think. Large room. Big bathroom. A little aged here and there.
We travelled with our baby son. The touches to provide us with a baby bathing seat and a little tiger puppet was greatly received. To this day nearly 6 months on my son still plays with the puppet.
Lunch at the restaurant upstairs was simply fantastic for £15 per person for 3 courses. High chairs provided...messy baby food...great view....great service.
Breakfast was not in the same standard. It seemed to be quite a stampede of bodies running everywhere and a little disorganised. Ah well its breakfast and everyone is hungry. who cares if we had to wait a little.
The door men were not in the same league of friendliness as a hotel we visited in Lausanne so marking down on this front.
Upon checking out the lady at the front desk knew our names much to our surprise having not met here before. Nice tough.
All in all a great stay. We will be back and hopefully to a more welcome smile at the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland