Lovely sanwiches with delicate flavours but a tad too much read - thinner sliced would be better. Tasty scones and pancake with cream and strawberry jam and then the cakes! A nice mixture - all very light and a good variety of flavours. Good selection of teas and coffees. Very attentive staff. Afternoon Tea was in the Sands Grill which I found a tad lacking in atmosphere. Probably great in winter but on a lovely summer day it would have been nice looking over the beach or gardens - especially in their location. Very good value for money at £20 but Gleneagles still gets 5 stars even if it is £30! All in all well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland