My wife and I stayed here a part of a wee Valentine's weekend away. We were so excited to spend one night here and had been looking forward to it for ages. We were not disappointed - every aspect of the hotel is 5 star - from the rooms to the excellent service. We checked in at 1pm and our room was ready 2 hours early, which was nice little bonus as the normal check in is 3pm. We were greeted by the female duty manager who was superb - we were given a free glass of Prosecco and were shown to our room. The room was amazing - huge bed and luxury fixtures and fittings. The view was good - we only paid for an Eden room - I would love to see their really posh rooms. The spa facilities in the hotel are outstanding - robes, hot towels, wee slippers are all included. They have lovely comfy loungers around the pool. In the spa area there is a good sized pool, a thermal spa area and a roof tub hot tub - even in Feb this hot tub was ace. Overall, the spa facilities are a must - we spent over 5 hours over the weekend. We had a great nights sleep in the comfy bed. Sorry, I can't comment on the breakfast as we were room only.
One final thing - visit the Jigger Inn - lovely old master's lodge with great food and service. I was served the best steak baguette I have ever tasted.
Overall, the Old Course Hotel fully deserves it's 5 star status - you are made to feel so welcome and the staff, doormen etc make you feel welcome and special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland