Having decided it was time I had actually played the famous Old Course of St Andrews, I thought why not stay a couple of nights in the Old Course hotel and do it in style. The great thing about the location is that once the car is parked you really don't need it again until you leave. We played the course first and it was a fantastic experience, definitely recommended. Check-in was smooth as usual, and the welcome drink is a great touch. Settled into the room which had terrific views over the Old course, superb. Headed up to the Road Hole bar for a much needed drink before moving on into the Road Hole restaurant for dinner. Staff again very friendly, professional and attentive. Ordered the five course tasting menu which was perfect and included, scallops, duck, halibut and was excellent quality and very reasonably priced. The views from this restaurant are stunning. The comfortable beds made for a great sleep and breakfast again was of the highest quality with a varied range of choices to suit all tastes. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, and I know I'm slightly biased being a golfer, but it must rank as one of the best hotels in the world, never mind Britain. It's even got it's own pub, the legendary Jigger Inn. Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland