We truly enjoyed our stay at this classy luxury hotel. Our room was quite large and had a seating area with comfortable chairs. We overlooked the golf course and the water. Soon after our arrival, we ate in the hotel pub, "The Jigger". They accommodated our last minute reservation and found a small nook for us. Before our food arrived, they moved us to another larger table that had been vacated. The food was very tasty. It was great to see all of the golfing memorabilia in the halls. There were large photos of the early founders and players of golf and plaques of the previous winners of the British Open on that course. The golf shop had wonderful souvenirs with the St Andrews logo on them. The breakfast in the upstairs dining room was particularly good. The buffet had lox and wonderful croissants and cheeses, but you could also order waffles and porridge and other selections from the menu. The servers were very attentive. You could watch the golfers on the course from the dining room windows. We would be happy to return for another visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland