“Best Spa I've ever been to! Staff go above & beyond to make you feel comfortable!”

Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in St. Andrews
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Due to a back issue, I regularly get massages and therefore I was pleasantly surprised to get the best back massage I have ever experienced. The beds that are used are unbelievable. The staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and the level of service is above and beyond considering the price. The staff are all so friendly and accommodating.

We were here for a hen do and I would return quite happily to St Andrews for a weekend just to come to the spa again.

I am still overly impressed with the whole experience. From the roof top jacuzzi, to the deep relaxation room, where you a given a cosy blanket, smoothie and water to have, where you can relax after your massage... The spa facilities are top of the range. And the staff really do make a difference, they ensure that not only are you impressed by the facilities but that you feel 100% welcome and comfortable... I cannot rave about this spa enough!

Even if you don't care about golf, st Andrews is a beautiful place to visit and relax for a day at the spa!

Highly highly recommended!!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel G

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had the good fortune to spend a weekend here with my children. We upgraded to a sea view room and it was worth it. Lovely views over the Old Course with fantastic comfortable beds give you a glorious sleep. The hotel is very overpriced though and of course you expect that because of its location and heritage. I had a very good champagne afternoon tea but again I have had better for less. We chose to eat our evening meal out of the hotel due to the prices. The spa is very good but annoying to have to pay when you are a guest!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view as you are in such a unique location
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Beautiful rooms, fabulous spa and the most fantastic breakfast overlooking the golf course! We stayed for a friend's wedding and had a great time. It's quite pricey, but well worth it. I would definitely go back and happily recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Have just had a very enjoyable spa day at the Old Course Hotel. We turned up for our spa day without having had breakfast and after enquiring about something to eat we were brought delicious bacon rolls before being shown around the facility. The staff are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. We had ordered champagne and canapes and on seeing the roof top hot tub we were allowed to have them whilst relaxing in the sunshine, bliss. The relaxation room is very comfortable although i would have prefered to have the option of bedside head phones to listen to music or snooze in silence. It was the same music which seemed to be piped throughout the spa and was very dramatic for such a relaxing surrounding. Like something out of black beauty!!? We both had a full body massage which was very relaxing and luxurious although personally i would prefer to have scented oils used as it adds to the experience for me. My therapist was friendly yet professional and explained everything very well. We then ate a 2 course lunch which was very tasty and we left feeling very pampered and relaxed. Would love to visit again and my only drawback would be the over powering music on that day and the lack of hair straighteners and facial moisturiser in the changing rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First off, I'm a golfer, so this may be ever so slightly rose tinted due to it's location!

My wife is not a golfer, and her first choice hotel in St Andrews is the Fairmont, but I haven't been there yet so can't compare.

We spent a weekend here, and while we didn't get the chance to explore fully, we had a really nice time. The staff were all very friendly, the room is very nice (with free in-room wifi), the bathroom is great, all high quality stuff.

Loved the bar overlooking the course, and loved the proximity of the hotel to both the course and the town.

Breakfast I have to admit the selection was slightly less than I would have liked, but again high quality and the restaurant has great views over the course again.

The spa was excellent too, along with the rooftop jacuzzi (although not nearly as good as the rooftop infinity jacuzzi at Carrick), the thermal spa is superb, and overall maybe slightly smaller than I hoped, but top quality, and not at all busy.

I liked it here, and I'd return, but might look for a deal first.

Room Tip: I regret not taking a course view room, the view out the rear could be anywhere.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

If your planning to go to St Andrews I would definately recommend this hotel.

The bedrooms are large and very comfortably and have everything you need
to enjoy your stay. The spa and swimming areas are excellent definately one of the best I have been in in Scotland

Views from the bar are great and breakfast was excellant. All staff were very polite
and efficient - must say when we were there the sun was shining.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the playing fields if you want to look over the golf course be prepared to pay e...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 19CaroleK
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I received a voucher for my birthday for a spa day at this great hotel which was a real treat. Staff could not have been more helpful, everything ran like clockwork. I arrived at 10 and left at 7 pampered and totally relaxed. Treatments were top quality and the facilities excellent. Loved the hot tub on the roof even although the weather wasn't great. Lunch was included in my package and there was a very nice menu to choose from. I can thoroughly recommend this Spa which is not cheap but is quality.

Stayed: July 2012