“Huge improvement on last year's visit, many quality updates to the exhibits, and staff were accomodating and friendly.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Andrews Aquarium

St Andrews Aquarium
Ranked #14 of 54 things to do in St. Andrews
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Step through our doors and be transported into an underwater world of adventure and discovery. Come face to face with some of the most beautiful, fascinating and dangerous creatures of the watery worlds. From British sharks to spiders, lobsters to lionfish, poison dart frogs to piranhas, loveable seals...... and not to forget our fabulous meerkats. Get up close and personal with our daily interactive demonstrations which include Seal feeding at 12 noon and 3pm, Penguin feeding at 2pm, reptile and snake handling sessions at 11.20am and 2.20pm and an informative talk and feeding sessions with our family of Meerkats at 12.20pm and 3.20pm.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited for daughter's birthday, as we did last year. As regular visitors to Deep Sea World we greatly enjoyed seeing names for many of the creatures - come on Deep Sea World. Missed the octopus and the sea-themed toilet seats! Gift shop a huge hit as ever. The staff were very helpful in taking one of our own tropical fish who'd outgrown his tank. Will definitely go back again next year!

Visited August 2013

• Greek first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cute little aquarium”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Although this is a smaller aquarium than we are used to, it was set up really well and maintained very well. The tanks were clean and clear and labeled effectively. The fish were beautiful. If you go, don't forget to check out the penguins.

Dundee, United Kingdom
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“Tired”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Disappointed £25 for two adults and youngster watched the sealed being fed no public address system so couldn't hear anything just four seals being fed with some fish but great probably for the little ones
Meerkat feeding the same no public address system but cute little creatures
All the fish tanks were clean and interesting
Toilets were spotlessly clean
Had a coffee which was well priced and very good all the staff were pleasant however tried to find out if the enterprise was voluntary or private enterprise the young lady with east European accent was more interested if I had a ticket
Ok if you young ones though
It's a bit jaded around the edges all staff were young and ok

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic place, better people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

After visiting the Aquarium on this past Sunday 28th........ I can say this was well worth i,t having been told by relatives that Deep Sea World was the best I didn't have high hopes for this one, but I can say I was more than happy with my visit. I was there for the morning reptile talks and dragon handling (the guy was really friendly, passionate and knowledgeable about the animals in his care) and stayed for the seal and meerkats feeding talks I was so impressed by the talks we stayed for the penguins and the afternoon talks which even though were the same animals as the mornings were different in content and laughter. The hands on rock-pool session was exceptional. Far better than Deep Sea World.

So glad we visited and a big thank you to St Andrews Aquarium.

2 Thank jakewatson
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Monterey Bay Aquarium but much better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

From the size and where it is (St Andrews isn't a huge city) we were not expecting much. To be honest we only went 'cause it was raining. But we got a surprise as this is a really good small aquarium, with all types of animals. The rescued meerkats were my favorite and it was good to hear the guy telling everyone why the don't make good pets. My wife liked to see the penguins swimming in their big pool. My four year old figured out why there were "pet shop novelties" in one of the tanks-they had set it up to be the same as the tank on finding Nemo which he loves. Tacky but the kids thought it was great which I suppose was the point? Most of the windows into the tanks and enclosures were low to the ground which is great for kids. But the place is set into a cliff so there's lots of stairs which for pushchairs would be hard. My favorite were the four seals who looked really happy playing chase in their pools. We didn't use the cafe so I can't comment. But the Ice cream was good and the gift shop had some cool stuff as well as the normal tourist junk.

1 Thank Dan W