As an alumni who never stayed in hall, it was great to finally get the chance on my recent visit.
Other reviewers have noted that rooms are small. They're not massive, but we booked a twin (which is actually a double double) and had plenty of room, including a large wardrobe and two desks. Beds had cheap mattresses, but were fine for one night. Shower was well powered. Overall, rooms were clean but very very warm. We had the windows open 24/7 and were never cool, and the sun rarely came out.
Reviewers are correct when they note that the hotel is a ten minute walk from the town; but so is the Old Course Hotel ... A shop would be good though, agreed. Breakfast is entirely self-service so somewhat chaotic, but excellent quality.
Overall, if you set your expectation for a budget hotel similar to Travelodge or Premier Inn, you won't be disappointed. You might even be delighted. You'll definitely have money leftover to eat and drink somewhere lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open June-August only. Agnes Blackadder Hall is the University of St Andrews' premier residence. We offer the perfect base for those wanting to explore St Andrews, play on the world famous links courses and discover all that the Kingdom of Fife has to offer during the summer months. Our double rooms all feature an en-suite shower room, television, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Family rooms are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Agnes Blackadder Hall - University of St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall - University Of St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- Agnes Blackadder Hall - University Of St Andrews St. Andrews, Scotland