“Heaven”

Book In Advance
More Info
$634.98*
and up
Day Trip to St Andrews Dunfermline and the Fife Coast in a Private Minibus from...
More attraction details
Owner description: A golfing Mecca for the most accomplished golfer to the enthusiastic amateur, a trip to St Andrews Links is one which realises the ultimate dream for golfers worldwide. From the iconic Swilcan Bridge on the Old Course to Tom Morris’s masterful architecture on the New Course, St Andrews Links has developed over 600 years to become one of the most famous locations in golf. Perhaps most fascinating however, is the fact that all seven courses at St Andrews Links are public and open to everyone. St Andrews Links is the largest public golfing complex in Europe. From the terrifying sight of Hell Bunker on the Old Course to the gentle slopes of the Balgove, the Home of Golf has become the ultimate golfing destination for all ages and abilities. The three championship courses; the Old Course, New Course and Jubilee Course run parallel to each other along the famous St Andrews Links West Sands of St Andrews. Nestled on the opposite side of the Links are the Eden, Strathtyrum and the only nine hole course, the Balgove. A five minute drive from town is the seventh course, the award winning Castle Course which offers dramatic views over St Andrews from its spectacular cliff top location. Away from the course, explore the fantastic facilities St Andrews Links has to offer. Learn the game where it was first played at the St Andrews Links Golf Academy. The Academy offers first-class tuition from PGA-Qualified St Andrews Links professionals and is home the only Callaway Performance Centre (custom-fit) in Scotland. The driving range has over 60 bays, including 22 indoors, and a landing zone which is over 400 yards long. All mats are air cushioned, and five bays include the Power Tee automated system. There is short game area, which includes a replica of Road Bunker, and a putting green, once the second on the Eden Course and regarded as one of the finest in St Andrews. Shop our fantastic range of official merchandise from our five retail stores, the Old Course Shop, the 18th Green Shop, the Links Clubhouse Shop, the Castle Course shop and the oldest golf shop in the world – Tom Morris. Finally relax in the Swilcan Restaurant in the Links Clubhouse, The Eden Clubhouse or the Castle Course Clubhouse with a wee dram as you reflect on your visit to the Home of Golf.
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I took my chances and turned up on spec on 30 Dec as a singleton, got a game with the first pair out, an excellent pair of chaps from Edinburgh who couldn't have been friendlier or more welcoming. We played the Old, got soaked in the December drizzle, played off mats on the odd occasion we ended up on the fairway and had an absolute whale of a time! There isn't much to be said about St Andrews, the links and the Old that hasn't been said before, but it's great to see the Links Trust isn't complacent and doesn't rest on its laurels - there is work going on in several places which will ensure the golfer's experience will keep improving. I also didn't see a single pitch mark on a green that wasn't one of ours - I'm not sure I've been able to say that before at courses I've visited! Well done to all, I can't wait to return. Heaven indeed!

LisaCameron, General Manager at St Andrews Links, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Very kind words. Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your day despite our infamous weather! We are doing some building work near the courses so the experience for our golfers can be the best it possibly can be. Come back when the work is complete and let us know what you think! Many thanks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was amazing seeing the 18th hole with the heritage building behind it; a scene we have watched on television many times. You should walk towards the 17th hole where there is a little stone bridge over a stream flowing across the golf course. This is an iconic spot on the golf course and a great place for photos.

The golf course is easy walk from the centre of St Andrews.

The Swilcan Bridge is a favourite spot for visitors to snap a photo! It's one of the most recognisable spots in golf! Thank you for the review and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

On a totally benign day we set out to put ourselves through the 'mill' on the old lady. Although, like most Links courses without wind, the challenge was sadly missing and to be fair was a little bit of a let down, as was the general condition of the course. Although we could see it was jam packed the pitch marks on the greens showed that poor golfing standards happen no matter where they take place.

One to tick off the bucket list as a true golfing experience.

Many thanks for your review. We're sorry the course condition didn't meet your expectations. Our greenkeepers work tirelessly to ensure the playing surface is in the best possible condition it can be, which can be more challenging during the winter months. We're delighted you gave us 5 stars! We hope you enjoyed your experience and will return for another round at St Andrews Links soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

What can I say that already hasnt been said, its just a great experience for a golfer.

I wasnt even planning to play was there on business had a day decided to walk over I could get on and bingo rented clubs shoes and bought some balls and off I went.

My caddie Scottie was excellent and would highly recommend him, he is a delight!

The course what can I say it was everything I hoped for even though it was winter golf and had to hit off the mats.

Well guys for my I've knocked the 2 off my bucket list now, pebble about 10 years ago and now the old course, I'm happy.

We're delighted you've ticked us off the bucket list! Glad you enjoyed your experience and we hope to welcome you back again soon - maybe in the summer next time! Many thanks.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Having played many courses in the USA, Belek in Turkey, Spain on the Costa's, all over the UK and even Kenya you've never lived until you visit the Home of Golf at St.Andrews. The clubhouse for the visitors is exceptional but it is the courses themselves that make it a memorable experience. Try it for yourselves you will not be disappointed.

Thank you for your kind words. We certainly have plenty of history here at the Home of Golf and we're delighted you enjoyed your visit. If you plan to return, we'd recommend The Castle Course. Stunning views over the town and a truly memorable golfing experience.