“Best place to stay in St Andrews”

Fairways of St Andrews
Ranked #7 of 72 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Best place to stay in St Andrews”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We recently had a couple of nights in St Andrews, visiting our daughter who is studying at the university. Hugh (as Jane was away) did an excellent job of looking after us. He even invited our daughter to join us for breakfast.
Fantastic accommodation, food and hospitality. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank marie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Seinajoki, Finland
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed six nights at Fairways in October. We were four golfers and we could`t have chosen a better place to stay at St Andrews. The location was just in the middle of everything, only 100 yards from the first tee of the Old Course. Every morning Jane and Hugh made wonderful breakfast which was so nutritious, that we ate next time at 6-7pm although we played golf all day long. The rooms were clean and spacious and bathrooms nicely decorated. Bed and blanket were so comfortable, that I slept like a baby. Hugh knows everything about golf in St Andrews area and he for example helped us to choose couple of hidden gems to play during our week. Jane specifically bought cream from supermarket, so my friend could drink his cream-coffee in the morning. In the evenings there were biscuits, cakes, candies etc. waiting for us in the hallway table. So, in every way were treated like family members. We were 100% satisfied for our stay at Fairways of St Andrews. We have already book there another week for autumn 2015. Can`t wait to go there again :)

Juha&boys

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mossel Bay, South Africa
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hugh and Jane made my first trip to St Andrews one to remember. The hospitality was brilliant and what nice people to meet. Accommodation was of the highest standard and I can really recommend it. Hope to see you again one day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland
Reviewed October 27, 2013

From the moment we arrived and were shown into our spacious room with capacious bed, we were contentedly cocooned in comfort. Jane & Hugh were wonderful hosts. Jane effortlessly took care of every whim and desire, supplying oatcakes and cheeses for me [even a platter in our room] and GF bread for my husband. Their professional attitude made us feel nurtured and as if we had just made friends with absolutely the nicest people around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at Fairways both with a group of 3 other golfers and with my other half. On both occasions Hugh & Jane have been wonderful. I am well travelled in golfing trips and long weekends and I can honestly say I love this place.
The rooms are perfect and very clean. The breakfast is top drawer.... whomever cooks it (Hugh)
I will certainly be coming back
as St Andrews is my favourite place on the planet (New York has no golf courses)
PS Jane/Hugh hope your boy does well in the Dublin Marathon.
Andy/Elizabeth x

• Stayed October 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I booked this trip for my wife and mother in law, as a Birthday celebration for my Mother in Law and to allow them to visit our daughter who is now studying at the University. Everything from the booking experience to the home made scones exceeded expectations. Nothing is too much trouble for Jane and Hugh, they even invited our daughter to join her Mum and Grandma for Breakfast, and I cannot see us booking anywhere else for our future trips to St Andrews. The location is right in the centre of town and just a pitching wedge from the 18th Green. Bravo

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here in August and were bowled over by every aspect from start to finish. Blink and you could miss the entrance to Fairways - it belies what awaits you. Jane & Hugh are the ultimate hosts and clearly love their job - they make you feel like you're their only guest and nothing is too much trouble. We had a really comfortable night, a fantastic breakfast cooked by Jane (great choice and really accommodating about special requests) and a great bit of banter with Hugh. Hugh is also a caddie so there's nothing he doesn't know about the home of golf if that's your interest. If golf's not your interest St Andrews is still a FANTASTIC place to visit and make sure you stay at Fairways if you go.

Room Tip: The room on the top floor has a cute balcony and sloping ceilings which gives it a slight edge but a...