Braeside House
$200
$175
$237
$157
Hotel Du Vin(St. Andrews)
$195
$168
Travelocity
Albany Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$116
$179
$170
$101
  • Restaurant
The Dunvegan Hotel(St. Andrews)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjames and margaretnice hoststen minute walkroom was clean and comfortabletee timeseach morninggolf tripporridgeyogurtandrewsscotlandlaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. Unsurpassed hospitality, and only a driver from the old course. I stayed in September 2012 and would recommend braeside house. Wonderful place to stay for a day or two or more for your Scottish golf tour

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Andalucia32
jamesy39, Owner at Braeside House, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for the compliments. It is very much appreciated an we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay with James and Margaret and a few friends over the recent "Ryder Cup" golf weekend. The rooms were spotless and breakfast was both excellently presented and equally delicious.
The relaxed atmosphere made it feel like we were staying with close relatives rather than in a B&B. James even went the extra mile by offering to drive us down to the golf course rather than us having to walk.
In summary I would have no hesitation in recommending Braeside House to fellow travellers and holidaymakers.
Malcolm McC

Room Tip: Book early to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 516Malcolm

Thank you for the great review very much appreciated. It was a pleasure to have such pleasant young men staying with us. Your parents must be very proud of you.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My stay at Braeside House was really comfortable thanks to the efforts of Margaret and James. It was my first experience of a B&B and it proved really nice. The room was really pleasant and included all facilities described on the website. The little front garden gave a wonderful early morning view from my window. My morning coffee was freshly brewed and Margaret made sure I had everything I needed. I was greatly assisted in finding my way around town. Though at a solo business trip, I felt nice and warm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012

While on a golfing vacation in Scotland, I enjoyed the warm & friendly hospitality provided by James & Margaret Yule during my week-long stay at Braeside House in St. Andrews. Since this B&B only accommodates a half-dozen guests, it provides a very personalized & intimate environment. My ensuite room was neat & clean with plenty of closet & drawer space, color TV, and a pot & cups for coffee/tea. Same-day laundry service is also offered. The room overlooked a garden planted with colorful flowers & shrubs, and there's plenty of parking space outside. The breakfast menu offers a mouth-watering variety of choices - eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, potato scones, black pudding, toast, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, juice/coffee/tea, etc. - certainly one of the best B&B breakfasts I've had. For golfers, the generous portions ensures that stomachs are sufficiently stuffed & fortified to face the challenging weather conditions so often encountered in Scotland!! Braeside House is just a few minutes' walk from the town's center where shops, restaurants, and pubs are located ... and for golfers, only a ten-minute walk from the Old Course. And James is a great source of information pertaining to golf since he's an avid golfer who plays regularly. If I should return to St. Andrews in the future, I'll be sure to book a room again at Braeside House!

Room Tip: Book a room on the ground floor overlooking the garden. Noise is not a problem, since the street is quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Braeside House during our golf pilgrimage to St. Andrews. James was very helpful with our ballot entry and we were able to secure a time at the Old Course on the first attempt. Margaret and James made us feel at home and we are grateful for their hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends