“Amazing brunch”

Ranked #27 of 174 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Purveyor of fine food and wine. Enjoy a snack from the deli, prepared from locally sourced, seasonal produce. Fully licensed for on & off sales, live music at weekends.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I went last weekend for brunch with my boyfriend, he enjoyed his so much he ordered another! Very friendly and welcoming staff and such a cosy wee spot for Sunday brunch! highly recommend!

Date of visit: January 2020
Mitchells110, General Manager at Mitchell Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Abigail,

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

The eggs royal was a great choice of your partners..twice!

We hope to see you again soon

Claire

Write a reviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

The food was lovely, but what was very off putting was the service. We waited 10 minutes to be seated while staff sat about. The restaurant wasn't busy. We were not even greeted while waiting. Later on when we asked for the bill we were told 2 minutes while the waitress went to clean tables but never came back to get us the bill even when she was just standing about. We waited 10 minutes before going up to remind her. Would consider coming back but only if the service improves

1  Thank 562eilidhb
Mitchells110, Owner at Mitchell Deli, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Hi Eilidh,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am very sorry it wasn't a much better experience for you here - we definitely don't want people waiting to be seated or to not be served properly - this is not normal for our service standards and I do apologise.

It would be great if you would email me at clairegrant@mitchellsstandrews.co.uk and we can organise another visit for you

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Had a great lunch here over the festive period and the place was full of a really interesting mix of locals, families, tourists couples and friends. Swift, efficient service, the food was freshly prepared and good.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank Didydoo

Hi Didydoo,

Thank you for your 5* review!

Mitchells always has a brilliant mix of all sorts of people, we love the dynamic and it's what we aim for that everyone feels welcome here.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and service too - we have a new menu launching next week so lots of new things to try if you're back in the area!

Reviewed January 5, 2020

This was a lovely deli. We had a lovely lunch here. The food was delicious and service was quick and lovely staff.

1  Thank 1993EmmaM

Hi Emma,

Thank you very much for your lovely review!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food, service and staff here at Mitchells and hope that you are able to return some time soon. We have our new menu coming out next week, with lots of great new things to try!

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Val and I decided to spend Christmas in St Andrews - it was my first visit, but she had been many times. We took a centrally located apartment for the week. I decided that it was best to book a table for supper for our first night, which happened to be a Saturday. I went for Forgan's as it seemed the most popular in the town. Alas, it was fully booked, so the helpful lady suggested a sister retaurant The Doll's House. We were booked there for Christmas lunch, so I explained and asked if they had more restaurants. The response was Mitchell's. I had looked at this one but for some reason it did not appeal. I knew it had locally sorced quality food (a box ticked) and was quirky (the furnishings covered with quality tweed clothing (another box ticked). It was the menu that was the thumbs down. I had thought that I would go for the neck of lamb and Val would go for the chicken skewers, but nothing else 'shouted out at me'. I responded 'OK book it'. The lady suggested I look at the restaurant's website before committing - instinct told me to go ahead. It as the right decision. The ambience was fantastic, the service discreet but impecable and there was live music from a guy with an acoustic guitar (three boxes ticked by Val). Everthing was perfect. As predicted, Val went for the chicken and I had the neck of lamb. For some unknown reason I was brought up to believe that there were two cduts of lamb to avoid - the neck and the shoulder. To my mother's horror I had been served a shoulder of lamb in the mid-1970s and liked it. The neck was cooked perfectly too and was delicious. The downside was there was no mint sauce! 'For goodness sake you are also a deli!', I respnded. The guy at the next table chirped in, 'I have just asked for Dijon mustard with my steak but they only have American.' OK, we both survived! It was an excellent evening and for some unknown reason it was quiet. We watched the hoards leaving Forgan's (which is next door) which put Val off going there! We returned to Mitchells' for lunch after Christmas. It was heaving. However, we got a table straight away and the service was great and the menu perfect. Only thing was I left my tweed deer stalker hat and it was not handed in! Clearly the clientelle have taste!!

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank JPA38210

Hi JPA38210

Thank you so much for your amazing review!

It's great to hear how your time was in St Andrews and with our sister venues too - I hope you enjoyed your Christmas lunch at Doll's and did make it in to Forgan's at some point! I am so glad to hear after being unsure you tried us and liked it. Brilliant also to hear you were able to return for lunch. We have a new menu coming out next week, so hopefully you and Val can make it back to St Andrews and think it's a thumbs up!