Rufflets Hotel
$246
$359
$228
Hotels.com
Greyfriars Inn(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Restaurant
$353
$247
Albany Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$197
$430
$321
Hotel Du Vin(St. Andrews)
$215
$193
Travelocity
$88
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$123
PremierInn.com
Hazelbank Hotel(St. Andrews)
1,277 results
All reviewsturret roomcountry house hotelhomemade shortbreadkinness lodgemolton brown toiletriesterrace restaurantstunning gardensorchard suitea hot water bottleteddy bearfirst classfour poster bedthe main hotelturn down servicelovely hotelafternoon teahigh standard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have now stayed at Rufflets several times and cannot fault it. The staff are so friendly, the rooms are beautiful and the meals are 'to die for'. We have visited many hotels in the area but Rufflets always comes out on top.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenOwen, General Manager at Rufflets Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Thank you for the kind comments - we do know that we have a wonderful hotel set in one of the best locations in Scotland, but the thing that we do see time and time again are comments on how friendly (and quietly efficient) the staff are - all of which help make our guests' time at Rufflets special.

Hope to be able to see you back sometime soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed at the end of February one night DBB and as previously, the room, food and service were first class. I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely, warm and comfortable hotel to anyone who likes to be looked after.
RonnieJ
Bridge of Weir

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ronnie

Good to read that you had such a great time at the hotel on the recent visit, and we are all pleased to have your recommendation - we do work very hard to make sure that all our guests get the best Scottish hospitality - and all with a warm smile.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent from start to finish. Easy to book and a good value offer. A warm welcome on arrival and a beautiful setting in private gardens. We were wowed by the room. The hotel was very comfortable with a cosy bar. The food was superb and all the staff went out of their way to be helpful. We will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear William

We do like to think that we are in the sunniest part of Scotland - almost as sunny as North Yorkshire!

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to give us your comments - for the most part they are all very positive, but we do look all feedback as it does help us to get better at what we do.

Hope to see you again soon - we cant promise the sun all the time though!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I had a mediocre experience at the Rufflets Country House. I think it mostly had to do with the room I was in but here are the facts.
The reception was very hospitable and the staff attentive. I quickly checked into my room. Room #23 is very small but seemed cozy enough with a nice view of the gardens. The amenities are Molton Brown, which I love. The rooms at this hotel have definitely been updated recently so are quite modern and trendy but very little Scottish authenticity. Also, in this particular room I heard everyone walk by my room because of the creaking in the old floorboards and could hear the people in the rooms next to mine. The walls must be very thin...
I had dinner at the hotel and the quality of the meal was very good and the service impeccable. You need to know that St Andrews is a serious golfing destination and therefore attracts people of a certain age bracket. I am in my 30's and was the youngest one in the restaurant by about 40 years (aside form the staff). Not the hotel's fault of course, just an observation.
I returned to my room and got ready for bed and discovered a hot water bottle had been placed in my bed to warm up the sheets! Wonderfull!
Unfortunately I slept poorly because of the quality of the mattress. I felt every spring in the bed. Most hotels these days use a thick mattress cover to make the bed super comfortable, but here? I think its an investment worth making.
At 7:30 am I awoke to some kind of humming sound that was either a generator or other large machine located right beneath my room that made the whole room vibrate. I understand if there are things to get done in a hotel, but can't it wait until at least 8:30 am?

Once last comment, change the retro multicolored flowery carpet in the hallways.

All in all, it was alright, but I would have preferred being in one of the luxury guesthouses in the center of town.

Room Tip: do not get the entry level room types. they are very small and not well placed in the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank camilleiv

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback - it is invaluable to us.

It does seem that for the most part your visit has been a good one - the food and the service was clearly enjoyed.

We have noted the comments on the quality of the mattress and the sleep quality and we are looking into this to find the best solution.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Spent an overnight on a winter break on a DBB deal and if was very dog friendly. Nothing could be faulted. I did have a mix up when I booked but on arrival I was specifically met by the manager and he made good with a really good room upgrade to a suite. Thanks Colin.
Quality was obvious throughout the hotel and all the staff were warm, friendly and professional. The food was superb with the only blemish I'd say being the desert. Pretty ordinary but as I'm not a desert person this was not an issue. The cheese board more than made up.
All in all we had a great stay and hope to return again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
StephenOwen, General Manager at Rufflets Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

We were all pleased to read your feedback - and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Glad to hear that we sorted out the mix-up - it sometimes happens but we do strive hard to have it all rectified quickly.

Hope to be able to see you again soon.