We used a range of rooms. The suite and superior double were beautifully decorated, large and comfortable. The gatehouse room which our daughters had (it isn't that we don't love them - we took the last three available rooms) was small and very basic. The main body of the hotel is very nicely done with a country house feel. Breakfasts were delicious as were our evening meals. I thought it was a shame that the Terrace dining room blinds and screen cut off the garden views and light in the evenings as the garden is gorgeous. Perhaps management want a more cosy atmosphere. The great breakfasts were slightly marred by the talk radio which was on every morning with the discussions covering topics I wouldn't dream of discussing with my 80 year old mother in law. Weddings were happening on two nights of our stay and were very noisy indeed. A coach came to pick up guests in the wee small hours and sounded its horn continually as our poor girls tried to sleep. Fun for the wedding guests but not for us. If I lived up there I would use it as a party venue or go to the restaurant but I wouldn't stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury family hotel, situated in 10 acres of secluded gardens, has been under the same family ownership for over 60 years. Located a few minutes' drive from the centre of town, golf courses and beaches, the hotel is popular with couples and families. Rufflets is surrounded by mature gardens which supply the fine dining restaurant. Free parking and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rufflets Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rufflets Country House Hotel St. Andrews
- Rufflets Country Hotel
- Rufflets Country St Andrews
- Rufflets Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland