For an hotel charging £188 per night it does seem petty to charge £2-00 for paying the bill with a credit card. Also when we booked we specified no feathers in the room, the room had feather pillows which had to be changed. On the other hand the breakfast was magnificent, even though it took 40 minutes to arrive.
When queried about the credit card charge we were told that other hotels built the charge into their rates!- hardly convincing, Also the Rusacks charges for wi fi which in my experience is rare nowadays. They obviously take their charging system from Ryanair. Should we go again I shall no doubt be charged for the electricity I will use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews is a golfers paradise. Overlooking the world famous Old Course, you can indulge in a round or simply watch others tee'ing off from our comfortable R Bar. Our award-winning Rocca Bar & Grill serves the finest and freshest food against the backdrop of the Old Course's 18th hole. Our luxurious bedrooms are the perfect place to rest your head after a day exploring this beautiful seaside town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Macdonald Rusacks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Rusacks St Andrews
- Hotel Macdonald Rusacks
- Rusacks Hotel
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland