I would NOT recommend this hotel. While it has an exceptional location next to the St. Andrews Golf Course (most of the hotel overlooks the 1st/18th holes), the rooms are rather disappointing. Our first room was so small that we had to stack our modest luggage to get around the bed (we were told that we had the second worst room in the hotel!) - and the view was of the street sign for the hotel with all the road noise that goes along with a room at street level. The second room - apparently an upgrade! - was slightly larger but had a bed that was so incredibly hard and uncomfortable that I suffered back pain for literally 6 days afterwards. For the money, this hotel is simply not worth it when there are good, comfortable rooms for a fraction of the cost throughout St. Andrews, or very comfortable rooms at the resort hotel for slightly more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews is a golfers paradise. Overlooking the world famous Old Course, you can indulge in a round or simply watch others tee'ing off from our comfortable R Bar. Our award-winning Rocca Bar & Grill serves the finest and freshest food against the backdrop of the Old Course's 18th hole. Our luxurious bedrooms are the perfect place to rest your head after a day exploring this beautiful seaside town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Rusacks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Rusacks St Andrews
- Hotel Macdonald Rusacks
- Rusacks Hotel
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel St. Andrews, Scotland