“Fish £ chips”

Ranked #15 of 175 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: Scottish, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run fish bar and restaurant. We have been in the fish business for four generations and we hope to keep the family tradition going. All our fish is locally sourced and is as fresh as can be. We have our own fish house based in Arbroath, Where we are particularly famous for our Smokies! (Haddock cooked over a barrel, giving an intense smoked flavour) and our Humble Haddock is also a customer Favorite! We are passionate about seafood and it comes across in all our dishes from the Humble Haddock to our Seared Tuna steak! We carry a bespoke range of wines and whiskys suited to compliment your dish, just ask our serving staff for advice.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great value and delicious taste. Recommed it . Customer service is okay. Sufficiently friendly staff

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this restaurant on a day visit to St. Andrews. I had researched the options before travel and chose this based on the reviews. I was not disappointed with the food. The fish and chips were excellent and done in a lovely crispy batter with plenty of chips. I could see that the take away area was very busy which was a good sign. My only disappointment was how some customers were met on arrival to get a table. I was met by a tall girl with glasses who simply said pick a table set only for 2 since I was solo......and I was fine with that. While waiting on my meal though I couldn’t help notice that this girl said that to others on arrival and confused some foreign customers which exasperated her and with one customer she sighed and showed them to a table. Perhaps she was having a bad day and that’s understood but at front of house there needs to be that friendly, pleasing welcome.......the fact that I observed that was not good either. Having said that I have to say that the service I received was overall very good by her and particularly with the other staff who were clearly students working a shift and did so well in a friendly manner. I would certainly return here and would certainly recommend this restaurant for an excellent meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband loves seafood, so we were recommended to try this place by our Airbnb host, and we were not disappointed. He loved his salmon entree, and I enjoyed my salad. The staff were friendly and helpful. The decor is minimalist, and the atmosphere was pleasant.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have dined here several times over the last few years and have always been pleased. Food and service are consistently good but not outstanding. The room has lots of hard surfaces and is very loud. Difficult to have a conversation.

One negative is that you must walk through a full fledged fish market (with the attendant smells) in order to reach the dining area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First trip to the UK; so we decided to try Fish and Chips at several restaurants. Tailend was by far the best. Light coating of batter and the fish was sooooooooo fresh.