“Good accommodation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Yorkston Guest House
Ranked #33 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed for two nights booked about a fortnight before and got a good rate of £240.00 for two adults and one child. The room was really nice and big with a massive shower room - very clean. We had a great breakfast which was really tasty and set you well for the rest of the day. The town is less than five minutes walk with parking on the street on nearby. The only concern I had a little was we were facing onto the road and it was a little noisy during the night with taxis going past. Also the water pressure on the shower was not very strong. Other than that really great place to stay and would recommend it. Would use it again.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing onto the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This really is a first class guest house and worthy of its 4* VisitScotland status. Very close to free parking areas and only a few minutes walk to the centre of St Andrews. Immaculate accommodation in lovely traditional property. We booked a twin room for a one night stay and the room and en suite were perfect. Nice touches like hairdryer, unlimited tea/coffee and a fluffy dressing gowns. Fabulous breakfast which really set us up for the day and they had remembered that I was a vegetarian which was nice. I would have no hesitation in using again and recommedning this lovely guest house.

Room Tip: The guest house in on a relatively quiet road, we were on the top floor which had a nice outlook ove...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Booked about 2 weeks in advance and got a very good rate for St. Andrews (which can be very expensive to stay). The staff were great, happily to accommodate my slightly late arrival and even going as far as to drop back a rental kilt when I had departed as the store wasn't open on a Sunday.

Breakfast was really good, wide variety of food available and served with a smile.

Rooms were immaculate and having a sink and dressing table in the room was extremely handy.

Free, good quality WiFi throughout the guest house (including in room on top floor) was a great plus.

Would absolutely recommend to anyone taking a short break in the town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We paid 48 pounds each for a single room, having called on the day. The rooms were actually doubles. Well appointed. Nicely decorated. With sinks in the rooms. Dressing tables to sit at.

A lovely guest lounge for relaxing in the evening although the rooms are large enough to stay in there too.

Two of us shared a very nicely decorated bathroom.

The place was spotless.

The breakfast was tasty and plentiful. They were very accommodating of gluten free requirements and brought out cereal and toast that was suitable.

Highly recommended.

They are a short walk to Market Street. On street parking was possible almost in front and very close around the corner.

They had free WiFi.

Good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed here four times over the past two years. I first found it after the place that I normally stayed at was full. But, I am glad that I did this is a great place. It is in a great location just out of the centre of town, it is in a nice and quiet location but still close to everything the town has to offer.
The rooms are nice and big, and the service is great. There is a lounge that the guests can sit in and wifi access throughout the house. Overall it is one of the best B&Bs I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the second floor it makes things easier.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jl747-13
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Excellent service, friendly staff. Easy to book and amend our booking, e-mail correspondence prior to visit with information. The room had a king size bed, a small en suite shower room with soaps and shampoos provided. The location was excellent, about 3 mins walk from the beautiful town yet surprisingly quiet on a Saturday night. Great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I found this little gem when I was looking for a B&B at st andrews at a peak time when the university township is full as its freshers week. Although I have been to St Andrews several times never discovered this place till now. Although I could not have a en-suite room but Catrina and her hospitality more than made up for it. I did not mention my diet restrictions to her but the breakfast was perfect. Pineapple and strawberries the only 2 fruits I can take was present everyday.

She warned me at the outset that wi fi was not strong in my room but it was there in full strength always. The sweetest and most endearing touch was a piece of chocolate everyday at bedside. I loved the chocolate and mentioned it to her tried getting it but failed. On my last night I found 2 pieces by my bedside. But that was not all on check out she had a small packet of the chocolates for me. I have stayed in many B&B's in UK but this was far the most welcoming and personal and homely. There were no rigid conditions of booking or cancelletaion. The best in St Andrews

Room Tip: Ground and 1st floor rooms are better for people who don't want to climb
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo