“Best food in town”

The Grange at St Andrews
Ranked #1 of 155 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Price range: $5,960 - $9,272
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Grange Inn is a lovely 17th Century converted farmhouse. The Restaurant serves modern Scottish cuisine using the freshest of local produce available.
Reviewed June 8, 2018

About 5 miles east of St. Andrews is this old country house and inside is a dining delight. This small but perfect restaurant is just marvelous. My friend started with the veloute of pumpkin soup, crème fraiche which was warm and chock full of taste, he followed with the duo of lamb that was a loin pan seared and the shoulder slow braised, each just oozed the taste of fresh lamb. I started with the beetroot gin and treacle cured lightly smoked salmon that was to die for, followed by the best rost guinea fowl I have ever eaten. However, in between to clear ones flavor buds we were served a cumin and cider gelatin with a cranberry and fennel foam that was so good, I just had to order another. This was pure bliss and in anticipation of the guinea fowl that followed. Then to top it all off, I had the Iced mango and rum parfait with passion fruit syrup, caramelized pineapple, shortbread crumble and toasted coconut. I was al prepared to ask for another it was so good, but my friend told me to mind my manners. This is a top notch restaurant, not to be missed

3  Thank Lew S

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner and had a really good three course meal, with added intermediate courses as a free extra.

The lamb was particularly special, as others have commented.

I can’t really fault the restaurant and I would very happily be back.

2  Thank Jordan1964
Reviewed June 2, 2018

The Grange was the BEST. Ate there three weeks ago and found their reputation was well deserved. We had food on a par with The Grange but when you combine the ambiance, the food, the price and the service - well, thanks Grange. HINT make your reservation early (small dining room) and enjoy the bar AND the grounds. Request window table but don't hold your breath. They had a taxi waiting to return us back to the hotel. Thanks again for memorable evening.

2  Thank Texas_Duck
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing, the place was really pleasant and the hosts were very friendly. One of the best dining experiences we’ve had. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Bogi V
Reviewed May 24, 2018

We ate at a number of good restaurants during our trip to the UK but this was definitely my favourite. The food was nothing short of exquisite. The venue is charming and service excellent.
The wild mushroom soup was superb - my husband said it was the nicest soup he's ever eaten. It was served with a walnut and lavender bread.
I had the cream cheese brulee, which wasn't quite what I expected, but delicious. I think I may have preferred the cured salmon starter.
This was followed by a palate cleanser - apple and cinnamon jelly with cranberry fennel foam. The flavours were perfect.
I had the guinea fowl with with porcini mushroom jus - again, perfect balance of flavours and beautifully cooked, with leeks and broccoli on the side.
The tonka bean panna cotta with rhubarb was also lovely, and if you can believe it, that was followed by a platter of petit fours!
A truly memorable meal - not one bad dish among our table of fifteen.

3  Thank Philippa911