“A miniature Hard Rock Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ziggy's

Ziggy's
Ranked #22 of 141 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A miniature Hard Rock Cafe”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We visited here for
My mums birthday meal, she had been before and been impressed so it seemed like a pretty safe bet.

The menu was decent,
With lots of burgers,
Steaks and texmex style food. We were given nachos to share while we chose our food. I got a surf and turf for main, which was pretty good, cooked rare as I required, however it loses a point as the actual steak wasn't very well cut and was a bit gristly. Everything else was very nice, and my mum had a vegetarian option of fajitas, and my stepdad had a steak like me but without the turf. No complaints from either of
Them. We all had cheesecake for pudding, and I have to say,
It's one of the best I've ever had! Nice and crunchy base, and possibly the softest top half ever, which was so tasty. A 5 star dessert.
The service was very friendly, and they kept an eye on us to the level I enjoy best, where they are aware of empty glasses or plates, but don't bother you every 2 minutes fishing for compliments. Decor ads like a mini Hard Rock Cafe, with lots of cool things to catch your eye.

Athens, Greece
“Best Meat I've Ever Had”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I've been to Ziggy's twice, one I had a fillet and once a sirloin steak both medium. The meat is tender and very good quality the taste is amazing and it's served with onion rings mushrooms and chips but the stuff was happy to replace my chips with a salad. The service both times was great and the cinnamon nachos was very tasty. Most amazing thing about this place is the atmosphere, they have great music and the decoration is very special sort of rock 80s themed. Its great value for money probably one of the best if not the best restaurant in town.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“American Variety”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I'm an American living in Scotland. I was so happy to find this restaurant. If I have a craving for an American food they usually have the dish and it is always excellent. The drinks are also worth a try, especially The Foxy Lady.

Visited July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Rockingly good”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

A nice little restaurant in St. Andrews with a very atmospheric theme. I really enjoyed my food, having the nachos and a cheeseburger and they were fairly cheap at 7 pounds for both. Unfortunately my mum did not enjoy her meal as much as even though she asked for no capsicum it had capsicum.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Fascinating interior and good food”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This lovely little restaurant makes a nice change for family meals out. Tucked at the end of a side street just off North Street it offers friendly service with tex-mex style food. The backdrop is an incredible collection of authentic music memorabilia, spanning many decades, up on the walls. The menu is great for lovers of ribs and steaks etc. There are a couple of vegetarian options such as burritos and fajitas. There is a reasonable menu for children too and etcha-sketch boards are available to keep them amused while you wait. The chocolate thunder desert is a must for chocolate fans. The restaurant is small and very popular so booking ahead is probably a good idea.