“Lovely place to stay!”

Montague Guest House
Ranked #9 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed on a Saturday night as in town for a wedding. Checked in just after 3 and was promptly greeted by our friendly host, shown the facilities and then up to our room. We stayed in room 6, right up at the top. Was a lovely clean and fresh room. The bed was huge and comfy. Bathroom was a little small but it served our needs and was lovely and clean. Breakfast the next morning was delicious, I had the scrambled egg and salmon and my boyfriend had the full breakfast. Both of us almost cleared our plates. A good range of fruit and cereals is also available. Overall a lovely place to stay and if we're back in st Andrews again I'd say we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were greeted with warmth the minute we arrived. Gillian and Andrew went out of their way to make our stay first class. Andrew helped our group land a 12 o'clock tee time on the Old Course...a dream come true for our golfers! The rooms were quite comfortable, but small. The location was perfect as you could walk to everything. Wonderful breakfasts...even offered french toast. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

best breakfast and service that I seen in a long time.
you feel like you are one in the family. perfect place, only a wedge away for a the action and courses

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at the Montague house on a 2 week tour of the U.K. in May 2012. I use Trip Advisor religiously when finding a good place to stay, especially out of the country. The Montegue guest house was a real find. It wasn't our first choice but I was so happy to find it. Located just a block or two from the ocean, St. Andrews Royal and Ancient (the old course) and the Univ. of St. Andrews, it was a great location and nice to just be able to leave the car and walk everywhere. The directions that the GPS gave us were a little vague, and I think the directions provided by the guest house, were from a different direction then we came into town, because it was somewhat hard to find. We drove down a street and just happened on it. Fortunately, there was a spot right in front to park or parking might have been problematic. The guest house was somewhat small and our room very small, but adequate. We didn't spend any time there, really. One thing I did find odd, and it must be a common thing in the U.K., as we had it happen at two other places, no top sheet on the bed. It was you and the duvet. The room, bathroom and common areas were very clean and Gillian and Andrew very nice hosts. Breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay here again and not even consider looking at somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pack lightly....no elevator but not really a bad climb.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My partner and I decided to have a couple of nights away in St Andrews so i could do a spot of shopping and my partner could golf. We came across this lovely little B & B, a stones through from the golf course and town centre. We had a friendly welcome and were promptly taken to our en suite room which was perfect! Breakfast in the mornings were to die for, which set us up for the day! Or until lunch anyway!

The owners Andrews and Gillian were very accommadating and even organised a round of golf for my partner on the Old Course! Amazing! Will definately be back to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

This was a fantastic place to stay. Great location with many places to shop eat and walk up to. The rooms were a little small but that can be expected at a b&b. Very comfortable very clean and very friendly. The owners are fantastic breakfast is great and you really get a good feel for Scotland while you're there. I would recommend staying here to anybody that is interested.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Have stayed in many establishments and would recommend Montague Guest House. My room was very spacious, with a large bathroom and the breakfast was the best I've ever had. Gillian and Andrew were very welcoming and helpful. The location is perfect with everything in walking distance. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends