“Warmest welcome in St Andrews”

Montague Guest House
Ranked #10 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed for one night and that was enough to make a lasting impression, what a great guest house, warm welcome, clean room, great full Scottish breakfast served with a friendly smile, and a few minutes walk from the first tee of the Old course , what more do you need when visiting the home of golf. Would highly recommend and can't wait to visit again ......many thanks to Andrew & Gillie for their hospitality

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed for one night, in the single room (Room 7). Though at the top of the building, it was not too arduous to get there. The room was very fresh indeed, with a beautiful ensuite attached. The shower was great! If fault was to be found in the room, it was only that the material on the chair arms was well worn. Apart from that, it was almost perfect. Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. Though I would always like things to be cheaper, £55.00 was pretty good value. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I ahve stayed in several guest houses in St Andrews over the last couple of months, and I have found that the Montague Guest House is by far the best.
Th value is superb, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the entire house is exceptionally clean and the breakfast is all you require for the entire day.
Thoroughly recommeded.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at Montague House while in St. Andrews for family wedding. Lovely facility, spacious bedrooms with en suite bath; peaceful garden in back. Fabulous breakfasts by Chef Andrew that I chose from menu! Operated by husband & wife, Gillian & Andrew, I couldn't have asked for better accommodations. Great walking about St. Andrews. Highly recommended.
R. Kozar, San Francisco, CA

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have visited St.Andrews on numerous occassions with my friends for golf and last year (2011) we found Montague House. The owners are accomodating, welcoming and had secure golf club storage for the whole house!! (which as a golfer is a major plus). I enjoyed the stay so much i came back with my wife and was not dissapointed witht the stay. From arrival to departure we were looked after and were treated to a fantastic and varied breakfast. I hope every one finds time to visit St.Andrews and when they do i thouroughly recommend staying at Montague House

Room Tip: the room at the top (room 6 i think) is a relaxing and calmly decorated room!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I don't stay in b&b's as a rule but was recommended by a friend and having spent 1 night I am converted, Montague was warm & friendly and the breakfast was to die for, I would definitly stay here again

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2012

If you are a hotel snob like me and you like the best, The Montague House in St. Andrews gets Five Stars in my book. The cleaniness, the warm and cozy feeling I feel each time I stay there always make me sad to leave yet happy to know I can return. As I traveled all of the UK and stayed in numerous B & B's over trhe years, nothing compares to the Montague House. The food is exquisited. My needs never fail to be met, from airport transportation to my daily needs in general. I would never dream of staying any place other than the Montaque House while in St. Andrews. If it helps to know I am a Four Seasons Hotel kind of gal!!!

Room Tip: Any room at the Montague House will be a pleasure to stay in. My favorite room is the downstairs roo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family