“Suprise Trip”
Review of Six Murray Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Six Murray Park
Ranked #2 of 72 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I always read tripadvisor reports, but have never left a message before, but felt I had to, after my recent stay at 6 Murray Park. Booked as a last minute surprise trip for my mum, who any time we have previously visited St Andrews, always dropped hints that she would like to stay on Murray Park. After reading reviews, opted for 6 Murray Park. It actually exceeded my expectations, and more importanly got a major thumbs up from a vey happy mum. Tony was an amazing host, who provided great service and hospitality, he really made you feel welcome and as if nothing was too much trouble, offering suggestions on local attractions, eating and watering holes. The decor is fresh and contemporary, with lovely comfortable beds, white fluffy towels and a great warm powershower, the rooms are spotless. The breakfast was not to be missed, the perfect poached egg with my Eggs Benedict and mum loved her cooked breakfast too. If you are staying in St Andrews, opt for this Botique Bed and Breakfast, affordable luxury am already thinking about booking again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Six Murray Park

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Booked the guest house as a last minute decision to have a night away with my husband. We received clear communication around location and accommodating in welcoming us at a time of our choice. Extremely warm welcome on arrival and very helpful throughout our stay. The service was definitely the highlight of our stay - attentive but not intrusive. Happy to make dinner reservations for us and point us in the direction of the nearest pub to watch the rugby! Bedrooms are small but perfectly formed. Breakfast was fab with a good choice on the menu. Would definitely go back and have already recommended to others. Thanks Matt and Faye!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed at other B&Bs in St Andrews, but none equals Six Murray Park. Having just read many other reviews here of Six Murray Park, I don't have much original to add to the overall narrative. But don't let repetition overshadow the simple facts -- there isn't a better B&B in St Andrews.

(1) The prices are reasonable on any comparison, but especially given how elegantly the place is decorated and all the small touches throughout.

(2) The location is perfect whether you're coming to St Andrews for golf, a university visit, or seeing the historic town sites -- all are within walking distance. Don't worry if the weather's bad; Tony keeps lots of spare umbrellas near the door for guest use.

(3) The bedrooms have extremely comfortable beds & pillows/luxurious bedding, and the baths are modern and chic. I and other family members have stayed in multiple rooms on different visits, and have found all rooms to be great. (Some other reviews mention street noise; I haven't had any complaints over multiple visits.)

(4) Breakfast portions are generous, the cold offerings and hot meals include a nice variety, and all dishes we've tried over multiple visits were delicious. Tony is very thoughtful about offering "to go" bags if you have an early appointment or check-out.

(5) But the true feature that makes Six Murray Park the best B&B in St Andrews, are the amazing hosts (Tony & El). Both of them go out of their way to remember every detail of things you've mentioned so they can enhance your stay and make you feel more welcome. They are both exceptionally friendly and warm, are flexible to meet your individual needs, and are always looking for extra little ways to make your stay better.

My daughter attends the University, so I find myself in St Andrews a couple of times per year. I will never again willingly stay any place but Six Murray Park.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WorldViewFamily
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed for a week with Toni and El and Honey at their bed and breakfast. They were great to deal with. They served a nice breakfast and were super friendly. They were always around working and answering questions and helping you anyway possible. Their place is nice but small like most European places. The price was reasonable. If in St.Andrews stay here. The location is good as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We just arrived home from a stay at Six Murray Park over the weekend. As a St Andrew's Graduate I wanted to show my boyfriend the place where I spent 4 years of my life studying (and living!) and we couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay.
Tony was an absolute charm from the second we arrived - even though Six Murray Park didn't 'officially' open for the season until the following day, he was happy to give us a room for the night, nothing was too much trouble and we immediately felt straight at home. Tony can cook up a great breakfast too, sadly I was defeated by the 'full breakfast, but still found enough room to squeeze in marmite on toast after spotting it across the dining room! El was absolutely lovely and made us both feel very welcome. The main VIP at Six Murray Park has to be Honey, who, even though only a 13 week old puppy, made us feel part of the family straight away (it took me all my strength not to put her in my bag)
The boutique B&B is gorgeously decorated - with great photos and prints of the local area, and other homely touches.
After such a great stay, we were already planning our next stay on the drive back home. We will definitely be back in the summer to visit Tony, El, Honey and hopefully Tom! Thank you so much for having us :) Kate and Josh

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate A
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It's "eagles and birdies" all the way round for this B&B from arrival to departure. Our welcome from
Tony on arrival was great giving us a hand with our luggage, the rooms are elegantly furnished to a high standard with nothing left out. A fist class Breakfast was served in the dinning room which had some great pictures of St Andrews from different, unusual angles. Location could not be better you are spoilt for choice restaurants, bars, coffee shops all on the door step. So Tony thanks for a great stay ! And wish yourself Elle and Tom all the very best for 2014. I'll be keeping my eye on the score boards Tom best of luck.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bunree
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I visited the university for a week and my stay was not short of hectic. Even so, Tony and El made feel very welcome. The B&B is very elegant, the room is very comfortable, and the breakfast is a special treat. I look forward to staying there again when I have the chance.

Room Tip: The wee room is a very small room perfectly suited for one person.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo