“New owner raising previously high standards”
Review of Six Murray Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Six Murray Park
Ranked #2 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Lanarkshir Scotland
“New owner raising previously high standards”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I had previously stayed here and returned with very high expectations, our previous review being glowing. New owner Tony was on the doorstep with a smiling personal greeting by name before we had found the bell push. This represented the standard of service we enjoyed throughout our three day mini-holiday. The house is as immaculately presented as before and the service is infallibly friendly and efficient, with the breakfast at the top end of the B&B range. The slight complaint about the quality of a room we reported in our previous review was in the process of being rectified through a major structural alteration. We pointed out a slight flaw with the keyring: this is being overtaken with a user-friendly redesign. Tony is great on service and has an eye for detail. Very best wishes to him and his family for the future.

Room Tip: Tell Tony any preferences on booking: he can be trusted to do his very best for you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tandmmilne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
hamburg
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay here two nights for an interview at St Andrews University.
Tony, the owner, was there to let me in even though it was late in the evening, and helped me carry my luggage upstairs. The room was just perfect: clean, good sized desk and all important wifi. The newly refurbished bathroom/shower was impeccable.

The next morning I was served a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs and salmon by an extremely friendly waitress, Jackie (if I remember correctly), who was also kind enough to point me in the right direction as I would have otherwise gotten lost even in a place as tiny as St Andrews.

At the end of the two days and after having checked out, Tony very kindly allowed me to stay until late in the evening until my train was due to depart; we drank a tea and had a long, interesting conversation. When I come back to St Andrews to flat hunt before starting my position, I will make sure that I stay at this fine establishment again.

I cannot recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying at this very classy and modern B&B. Tony the owner met us at the door and greeted us by our names, nice touch. No messing about, helped with our luggage straight up to the room. It being valentines night, there was a nice chocolate each on the bed. The rooms are beautiful in design, very modern, great shower room and toilet. Big LCD tv on the wall. The location is very central to everything, so straight out the door into st andrews shops,restaurants and the beach. We asked Tony where we should go to eat and he recommended the restaurant on the corner attached to a hotel, had a great meal, seperate review for that. finally the breakfast is fantastic, cereals and juice out already. Then they hit you with the cooked breakfast, amazing. My girlfriend opted for the eggs benedict and again superb, they also have waffles with ample syrup and honey! just go and see for yourself, enjoy.

2 Thank rossiliverpool
St Andrews
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed in this nice guest house for four nights, and it was lovely. Tony, the proprietor, was friendly and kind. In fact, I was up for an interview and needed to reprint my presentation. He very kindly printed it out for me; that is going well above what I would expect from a guest house. The breakfasts were nice. The staff were friendly. It is a very nice place that I'd recommend. Our room was large (esp. for St Andrews!), with a comfy chair, a desk, and comfortable beds. I will definitely try to stay here again when going to St Andrews.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JCAndrews
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just had a lovely three night stay at Six Murray Park and can’t praise it enough – spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds, peaceful, good choice of delicious breakfasts, very helpful and pleasant staff, brilliant location and it was a pleasure to meet the new owner, Tony who made us feel really welcome. This was our second visit and are already looking forward to returning.
We have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this bed and breakfast.

2 Thank PeterandSusanA
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we could not have been made more welcome, Tony was a wonderful host, the rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated, WiFi is available, and the Scotish breakfast is great, served with a smile and good conversation.

We believe there are 9 rooms - two on ground floor and the remainder spread over two floors.
Parking is available on street. Excellent value for money.

1 Thank James C
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had the most wonderful stay at Six Murray Park . I found the rooms to be beautifully decorated and clean with access to free Wi-fi . Delicious breakfast with lots of friendly service and only a stones throw from the First tee at The Old Course . Awesome !

• Stayed December 2012