Six Murray Park
$168
Hotels.com
$527
$495
Fairmont St Andrews(St. Andrews)
$253
Albany Hotel(St. Andrews)
$187
$182
  • Breakfast included
$84
  • Restaurant
Hotel Du Vin(St. Andrews)
$204
$94
Ardgowan Hotel(St. Andrews)
$173
  • Restaurant
All reviewstony and elguest housecocker spanieleggs benedictperfect hostsbreakfast was deliciousgolf tripsky sportsevery morningquiet streetshort walkperfect locationperfect staystay in st andrewscomfortable bedshome away from homefresh fruit
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is an excellent place to enjoy golf and St Andrews. We have stayed there two years in a row and the welcome and the service could not be better. The staff have an excellent knowledge of golf and you are just a short walk to the town centre, beach and golf courses. Great food to set you up for the day.

Thoroughly recommended !!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were 4 guys from Sweden staying for a week of golf; everything was perfect from the welcome to the farewell! Extra plus for the ladies managing our breakfast specials, that kept us going all week.

Perfectly situated with courses and restaurants very near!

Tommy J

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
tengallon, Owner at Six Murray Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Tommy J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

It is great to hear such positive feedback. We truly appreciate all feedback but it very rewarding to hear such positive comments.

I am glad you liked our daily special 'Breakfasts' - we aim to please and it appears we have succeded in this regard.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Six Murray Park in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from a wedding at the St Andrew's University College Hall.

Six Murray Park was our abode for the 2 days.

When the mrs told me we were paying £100 per night, I was a little shocked. That is serious money for B&B. But as it goes, you do get 4 star quality. Room 8 was super cool. We had a bedroom, foyer & bathroom. Plus a little outside yard if you wanted it. So while I could've bought a 3star Majorca holiday for the price, the elegance of this place gave me something for the pain.

Jackie the receptionist was welcoming, helpful & totally chatty. Real genuine.

The real bonus of this place is its location. You can't get much better..everything at spitting distance.

My only reservation is breakfast wouldn't harm anyone if it was til 0930, didn't manage to get up as I had to work on a hangover, the mrs said it was nice. Other than that, as a guesthouse, it is the business -- check it out!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear paulbrowne1977,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent positive experience with us!

Our highest room rate for the room you were staying in is £95 pn so I am puzzled at the rate you have quoted in your review. St Andrews room rates may be a little higher than some other towns in the UK however, our rates are competitive with other guesthouses, b&bs in the town centre.

We hope you enjoyed your wedding and hope you will consider Six Murray Park for any future visits to St Andrews.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

If you're playing St. Andrews, consider Six Murray Park. Great location within a short walk to the first tee, friendly owners, good breakfast and great service. We stayed there for five nights while playing The Old Course, Kingsbarns, Carnoustie and others, and were very pleased. On my last visit, I stayed at The Scores Hotel, which is nice, but will be staying at Six Murray Park on future visits!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Schmoulty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent positive experience with us!

It was a pleasure to accommodate and look after your golfing party whilst you were in town. I consider it Six Murray Park's gain and the Scores Hotel's loss.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Six Murray Park in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights during a very busy weekend at St Andrews. The welcome we received from Paul was excellent, he showed us our room and was most helpful.
We asked Paul for restaurant suggestions and we requested wine glasses for the room, he was happy to oblige and obviously wanted us to have a good stay.
So, why is my review show less enthusiasm than others? I don't if other people have lower expectations or are more generous with their awards but for me the truth is that this is a basic B&B run by good people who charge a lot for average accommodation.
The room itself (number 5) was small, there was a double bed but only a narrow space along the sides and at the bottom; our emply luggage cases had to go outside back to the vehicle. Even the nice lady we saw as we checked out remarked how small our room was. Being at the top of the house the wi-fi has a poor signal strength and is intermittent.
There are lots of rules in this house, signs on the walls and in the guestbook in the room, do this (put shoes here), don't do that (drink red wine in the room), breakages must be paid for etc. it is over the top for mature, sensible, guests who are visiting St Andrews for a quiet relaxing break; we are not delinquent teenagers or a heavy rock band out to trash the place.
Breakfast is between 8am and 9am, even on a Sunday there is no later time. During our Sunday breakfast the atmosphere was like a fast food place, the waitress put down my cooked food when I was still eating my cereal. Two American ladies at the next table asked if there was any jam, the waitress replied curtly the it was on the table in the white jars - she then looked at me and rolled her eyes, which I took to mean that she thought the other guests were idiots. That sums the place up, guests are a hassle to them, not the reason for their jobs and business.
When they say to have to checkout by 10am they mean it, as we had to bring our cases back to the room to pack it was 10:05 and we had a knock on the door reminding us we were out of time.
I have stayed in many better places for less money. This is far from a bad guesthouse, it just doesn't deserve 5 stars.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter W
tengallon, Owner at Six Murray Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Peter W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative and endeavour to act upon guests 'constructive' criticisms.

We are glad you were made to feel welcome by my husband, Paul. We genuienly enjoy welcoming guests into our guesthouse and so we have met your expectations in this regard.

However, it would appear we have not met your expectations in other fields and thank you for the opportunity to respond the points you have made in your review.

The rate for a double room in the period in which you stayed (Leuchars Airshow Weekend) at a guesthouse in the Murray Park location is £90-£98. Your room rate at Six Murray Park was £85 as it was our small Double room. We are confident this rate is very competively priced for the location, period and standard of room which was provided to you.

When you booked this room we explained it was our last room and that it was a small double room however, this is reflected in the rate of £85 which is less than our standard double room rate of £95. You confirmed you were happy with this, which I pressume was because rooms are difficult to secure during this extremely busy weekend. Guests book up to one year in advance for the Leuchars Airshow. The room reserved was also confirmed in our email confirmation to you.

The nice lady that you saw whilst you were leaving was myself and the comment made was because I was surprised at the amount of motorbike storage boxes you were carrying back and forth and had assumed you had stored it in the room. I did not realise you had taken it back out to your motorbike. We would have been more than happy to store it in our secure storage as it was rather bulky and cumbersome.

I apologise if you did not receive a perfect internet signal. Our building is a 3 storey Victorian Townhouse and sometimes the signal strengh isn't always 100% however, our WiFi is a complimentary service. You can however, achieve an excellent signal strengh in our dinningroom, which is available for use by all our guests throughout their stay.

We have one sign in our guest bedrooms which refers to the Scottish Smoking legislation, which we are required by law to display. We have a sign in our hallway to advise golfers not to wear their golf shoes in the house as it damages the carpets. I do not feel this is excessive and have certainly not had any comments from previous guests which share your feelings.

We do have a few rules in our Guest Information Folder as unfortunately not all guests are mature, sensible, guests who are visiting St Andrews for a quiet relaxing break as you refer to in your review. It is with regret that through our years of experience that we have had to add these rules. Without trying to sound condescending your naviety of the Hospitality industry is evident by this statement.

Our breakfast time is 8 - 9 am, which I believe is the standard in most b&bs and guesthouses. We would like to be able to provide a longer time slot however, this is just not feasible. Hotels are able to provide a larger timeslot for breakfast so maybe that is a point you may wish to consider when you are booking your next accommodation.

I was disappointed to hear your comments regarding your Sunday breakfast experience. Was it just on the sunday you based your comments on as it was Jackie, our front of house member of staff which served you both days? Having discussed the points you have made with Jackie I can only apologise and say that is not our usual high standards of service.

I am very disappointed that you feel any member of our staff consider our guests idiots. This is certainly not case and is not the feedback we receive from our guests. In fact, we consider our staff to be one of the strongest strengths of our busines as both members are regularly complimented on the level of service they provide.

Our checkout is 10am and the housekeeper will tap on the door if a guest has not checked out when she comes to clean their room to politely remind them that checkout is 10am. Some guests forget the checkout time so this is simply a courtesy reminder. We are very flexible with our checkout time and it is never our intention to make guests feel they 'are out of time' as you put it.

We hope you consider our response and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Paul & Yvonne