“Fine Dining.....at Mid Range prices.”

The Restaurant at Kinnettles
Ranked #3 of 158 Restaurants in St. Andrews
Description: Situated in the picturesque town of St Andrews, famous for being the 'Home of Golf', The Restaurant at Kinnettles is set within the stunning Kinnettles Hotel on North Street in the town centre. The Restaurant at Kinnettles offers a contemporary dining experience, using a combination of modern and classic techniques to showcase the best of Scotland's natural larder.
Reviewed August 14, 2018

This was my third visit to this restaurant, my second visit with my wife.

As on the previous occasions, the food was excellent, both in terms of taste and presentation.

Again, the staff were first class; knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

All in all, an excellent lunch, representing very good value for money.

Date of visit: August 2018
Grant C, Manager at The Restaurant at Kinnettles, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Hi Stuart,

Firstly, thank you for choosing to return to us, your repeat custom is greatly appreciated.
Your kind comments will be passed on to the team, who will be over the moon to read these.

Please look out for our Autumn menu launching very soon, as well as our reservations team who are now taking bookings for our festive menu.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 11, 2018

We were greeted by a very pleasant member of staff and shown to our table.
The food.......was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. My starter was very tasty and my main course of beef was very flavoursome. This has got to be one of the best meals we have had. Thanks to the staff and compliments to the chef.
The staff during our meal were very professional and attentive without being pushy.

Date of visit: August 2018
Grant C, General Manager at The Restaurant at Kinnettles, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Hello,

Many thanks for your great review, we are supper happy to read you had a fabulous time lunching with your friends.

Your comments will certainly be passed on to the whole team, who will be delighted to read the above.

We hope to see you soon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Visited the restaurant for a lunch using a gift voucher from the wife's lovely boss. Upgraded so that we could enjoy a 3 course meal and were not disappointed. Nice layout , lovely staff and great food. Would definitely go back :)

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for leaving a review, it sounds like yourself and your wife had a fabulous time with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

we ate here last night, using a gift for fathers day. Including a pre dinner cocktail and a glass of wine with the meal.
Service from the two witnesses what served us was very attentive and friendly
The quality of the steaks, two fillets one sirloin and a rib eye was excellent.
Butchers supplying restaurant certainly using the best of quality meat.
Very enjoyable wine also served.
Would definitely return and recommend!

Dear Wyandour,

Thank you for your review of Kinnettles Restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 4, 2018

My wife and I went for lunch on the last day of July, 2018 to Kinettles Hotel and Restaurant, 127 North Street, St Andrews. My wife wanted a starter, followed by a main course. I opted for a main course followed by a pud! The presentation, taste and overall quality of the food and service was outstanding. My wife had eaten there several times with girlfriends, but this was the first occasion for me. It will not be the last! We were given a very warm welcome from the Hotel Concierge, Mike Reid and this set the tone for our lunch. All the staff were equally delightful and we were looked after very pleasantly and efficiently by Vicky, Erin and Mary. This was Mary’s last day since she was going off to be a Youth Worker for a charity in Dundee. If she is as good a Youth Worker as she was a waitress, she will have an outstanding career!

We started with a glass of very nice Prosecco (with a raspberry in it!) and I ordered a bottle of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, called Boundary Hut. For £24:50, it was very good with a nose full of ripe capsicums, gooseberries and limes, followed by flinty notes of tomato leaf. It was nice and crisp on the palate with a backbone of acidity. We were brought some bread and the white loaf was accompanied by chive and tonka bean butter. Delicious!

For my main course, I chose the feather blade of beef with a fricassee of peas, carrots and savoy cabbage, accompanied by burnt onion, fondant potato, tender stem broccoli and jus. Melt in the mouth job! For pud, I opted for the espresso creme brûlée with vanilla doughnut, honeycomb ice cream and shortbread crumb. To die for!

The good thing about the restaurant is that the kitchen is visible to all, so we could watch Head Chef Rory Stewart MacCrimmon and his two colleagues at work. They work exceptionally well together and I went to congratulate Rory on an outstanding meal. When I asked my wife what marks she would give out of ten for her meal, she said “11’”

I would have given mine about15! Rory seemed very pleased with my comments. I think it very important that feedback be given, especially when it is positive!

The restaurant has 32 covers, the Hotel has 9 bedrooms and there is also an excellent Spa, managed by the effervescent Katie. You must sample what Kinettles has to offer, when in St Andrews!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank MalcolmMMitchell

Dear Mr Mitchell

Thank you for your fabulous 5 star review, it sounds like you had a lovely experience with us and we absolutely loved hosting you.

Rory is over the moon with this feedback, as is the whole team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, we would love to welcome you back to enjoy our brand new Autumn menu launching very soon.

With Kindest Regards,