“Trip of a Lifetime!”
Review of Cleveden House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Cleveden House
Ranked #11 of 73 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My son and I stayed at Cleveden House for 5 nights. Charlie and Ray were excellent hosts and made us feel at home. Breakfast every morning was great. Charlie's porridge is a must. We loved the golf stories and the friendly atmosphere in the house. The location is excellent. We always found parking outside, everything in town was a short walk away including a two-three block walk to the Old Course. We would strongly recommend Cleveden house. I am very glad we used St. Andrews as our home base as we played many of the great Scottish golf courses.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank carl_1257

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights and truly enjoyed every day. The rooms are spotless with comfortable beds and the food is delicious with lots of variety. The owners are more than friendly, with great help on any questions you may have as to trains, buses and dining in St Andrews. They helped make our special holiday all the more special and we would most definitely return to Cleveden House.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights, and met a VERY nice couple that runs the b&b.
Helped us to find good golf courses and nice restaurants.
Could not have had a better staying. if we are going to go back to St Andrews, Cleveden B&B will be our first choice to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Cleveden House for a couple of nights and it was most enjoyable. Lovely breakfast ( you must try charlies award winning porridge ) and lovely owners who can`t do enough for you making our stay in St. Andrews most memorable. Will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of August. It's a charming place with lovely owners who were incredibly welcoming.

It may sound like a small thing, but it meant a lot for two people who rarely get a lie-in it's very important: The bed was large and exceptionally comfortable with quality linen; the blinds and curtains gave us an almost complete blackout. We slept like babies. Fantastic

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at Cleveden House for a night and it was absolutely fine. We enjoyed our stay and had a nice breakfast in the morning. Lovely pictures of golfers and lots of gold memorabilia in the place. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I picked this b&b as it was the cheapest for a single room amongst all the ones I considered. Was surprised to find a super fluffy dressing gown waiting for me (nice touch) and twice as much tea/coffee/biscuits as I was expecting in a single room (room 7). Bathroom wasn't en-suite but was in an adjoining room for my exclusive use. The best bit was the breakfast - again I seemed to get twice as much as I was expecting and it was simply the best cooked breakfast I have ever had in a place that I paid to stay in (including all chain hotels). The quality, taste and quantity of my cooked breakfast was the highlight of my day and I was so full I didn't need a lunch. Charlie can sure cook. Stayed for 4 nights and would not hesitate to return. There's nothing Charlie and Ray wouldn't do for you. Felt like I was staying with my aunt and uncle. Quality of stay superb for price paid.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo