“Go for the porridge!”
Review of Cleveden House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Andrews
Cleveden House
Ranked #9 of 72 St. Andrews B&B and Inns
NJ
“Go for the porridge!”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Found the Cleveden House by chance when wandering Murray Place looking for a place to stay. Our en-suite room at the top of the stairs with two twin beds was cosy, clean, comfortable and you couldn't beat the price!. Even better? Charlie's world-famous porridge at breakfast. That alone is worth going to St. Andrew's for. Location is also excellent - walking distance to both the golf course and town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Walk to old course and St Andrews restaurants. Good parking on Murray Park Place. Ray is always cheerful when she serves breakfast.
No real need for car. She offers assistance whenever needed.
Very clean. Good access to town by foot. Shuttle bus to courses and clubhouse right outside the door.

• Stayed August 2011
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2011

It is a long time since I have slept in a single bed, but I knew I would be when I booked. The room, was quite small, but how big does it need to be? The bed was comfortable, the bath room clean, the breakfasts superb.

Its really central too, car park right outside, Old Course 3 minutes walk.

The owners are brilliant, knowledgeable and fun. When I left my clothes in the wardrobe they arranged for other guests to take them to Kingsbarns where we were all playing that day. Great customer service.

If I go back to St. Andrews I will go back to Cleveden.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just back from a golf trip with seven women, some of us stayed with Charlie and Ray at Clevendon House. What a great spot, just blocks from the Old Course and easy walking distance to restaurants and sightseeing. The rooms were clean and the breakfasts were great. I won't hesitate to stay there on a return trip.

Sue

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We just returned from a fabulous trip to Scotland....Seven ladies on a golf holiday!
In St.Andrews some of us had the pleasure of staying at The Cleveden House on Murray Place. This charming little B&B was very clean and cozy with lovely , pristine baths. Our hosts Charlie and Ray (Mary) made sure that we had everything we needed to fully enjoy our time in St. Andrews. Each morning we were treated to award winning Porridge made by Charlie himself! There was always a selection of fresh fruits, cereals and farm fresh eggs, made to order. It's convenient location makes for easy access to golf, shops , restaurants and exploring St. Andrews! A delightful place to stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2011

My first time to Scotland and was lucky enough to spend a week in St Andrews with Charlie and Ray. From the time we arrived until the day we left I have never felt so welcome in someone elses home. The rooms were great, breakfast was unbelievable and the pints with Charlie & Ray in the dining room mid week was a real treasure. Charlie and Ray run a first class B&B and you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didnt spend your time in St Andrews in their home! I cant say enough about our trip but know that I owe a lot of it to Charlie & Ray! I cant wait to get back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I really enjoyed the time spent at Cleveden House while in St. Andrews! The friendly hospitality starts when Charlie and Ray welcome you into their home and lasts until you finish that last awesome breakfast and say goodbye until next time. I know I will be returning to Scotland and I am looking forward to spending future trips at Cleveden House. Charlie and Ray shared stories and history with us and the local knowledge really helped make the trip fantastic. If you are staying in Scotland, you cannot be the Cleveden House - Great people, Great location, and you will feel at home with Charlie and Ray! Thanks Charlie and Ray!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends