“Very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last night. The guyatreceptionwas really helpful and even put an extra bed in the room for our daughter to stay at last minute.

There was a wedding function on which was fine however when we got back from a meal there were drunk people in reception smoking fags and cigars and the hotel staff stood by and allowed this. Not good enough!

Sleep was fine apart from a rather noisy couple enjoying themselves.

Breakfast also fine.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
scotland.uk
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on the 25 October as we were going to a family party. the hotel is set in lovely grounds and is very picturesque. Reception staff were very friendly as were the bar staff. Our room was very big and spotless the bathroom was big as well with lovely bath and separate shower all gleaming i may add. We didnt eat in the dining room as we were going out for the evening so cant comment on the food. Breakfast was a buffet but if you wanted anything different you only have to ask. All in all a lovely stay, wish it could have been longer. this will be the hotel of my choice next time i am in the area and would recommend for friendliness, cleanliness and locality.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank suzie49
Fife
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Our sister and brother in law booked their wedding there on 27-9-2013 we had the most amazing time ever, couldn't fault anything the staff were absolutely brilliant, we had a meal on the Thursday night :) then the wedding on the Friday and spent Friday night in hotel then buffet breakfast on Saturday morning. I must admit that the rooms could do with a upgrade as a little outdated, but everything else was spot on ,Well done guys you did a fabby job and keep up the good work

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marilyn C
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hotel is hidden away behind the trees from highways and shops, but still close to them. I must stay the hotel has a very laid back attitude and that makes you feel relaxed. Internet can be a problem in their restaurants. Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ASB052
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very nice hotel in a very quiet location. The room is large and confortable, the bathroom is large and clean, the room has a view to a park. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant and it was excellent. The breakfast is very good too. Was a nice stay overall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank XX_D_F_N_XX
Reviewed September 5, 2013

So we decided to book the Dean Park Hotel on recommendation for our wedding. Needless to say I will NOT be recommending anyone book their wedding there. The standard has completely went down hill. The events team who are supposed to oversee weddings/functions do not even know if the hotel has single rooms and can't tell you the correct max/min numbers for each of their function rooms which is bizarre! I found this rather frustrating as one person would tell you one thing and another person tell you something else. I called to make an appointment to go over final details and had to phone back 4 days later as I didn't receive a call back. How can they organise a wedding when they can't phone me back made me worry and 2 weeks before the wedding made things a bit stressful. So the Monday before the wedding I receive a phone call from events manager to confirm a few things and to let me know he will be available for my wedding rehearsal as we had a few things to go over. Wedding rehearsal was over and we were left waiting 40mins as he had booked a meeting with a prospective wedding couple ( I hope for their sake they didn't book). On the day of the wedding i was just keepig my fingers crossed things would be a bit smoother, i have just found out from guests who were sitting in the ceremony room at 13.15pm (ceremony starts 1.30pm) that they rolled out the carpet for the aisle, which is bad enough that it wasn't already done, for them to have left the previous weddings confetti on it that they had to Hoover it whilst guests were sitting!!!! This is just typical of the Dean Park's attitude of someone's special day. The event manager even questioned my husband on the day that the wedding was starting at 2pm, despite being told several times it was 1.30pm. So I was asked to provide a list of how I wanted things set up at night (sweetie Buffett etc) and everything was wrong about that. I didn't complain on the day as to be honest no-one else noticed and I wasn't going to ruin our special day getting upset. The bedrooms leave a lot to be desired and are badly needing refurbished and the honeymoon suit was disappointing considering the money spent on the day as a whole. My husband went on the Monday evening to collect a few bits and pieces left behind and when he returned home I told him only half of the sweetie Buffett jars were there. So I returned the next day to ask, only to be told after a quick look that they would get the event manager to call me that evening. So I waited, until the following again week and phoned again, speaking to the event manager directly and he promised to find out and call me back within 1hour, a week later I called back again and got a half hearted apology that he had forgotten!!! Anyway he said he would check and call me back, he did this time and then accused my guests of stealing the jars at the end if the night! I can assure you I did not appreciate this attitude and that I was the last person out of that function suite and all the jars were empty of sweets and still there. I have written a complaint but if I hear back given their track record, I will be surprised.

Completely disappointed, I have been a very relaxed bride but their catalogue of errors and inefficiencies have really made me wish I hadn't chosen the Dean Park Hotel. I have also checked with my guests that they didn't take the jars and they did not appreciate being accused so will not be returning to the hotel either!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SuzyWi
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a great hotel. The bedroom was comfortable, its very clean, we had dinner one night and it was lovely, the breakfast was good and it was great value.
However, the best compliment I can give and the biggest difference this hotel
has to offer is its staff. They couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, from the ladies
who cleaned the room to the manager, John. It made such a difference to our stay.
I'd highly recommend this hotel and I'll stay again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lundin Links
Bay Hotel
Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinghorn

Been to The Dean Park Hotel? Share your experiences!