“Fab Steak”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Fab Steak”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a peppered steak in the lovely refurbished resturant of this hotel it was the best steak we have had in a very long time. The hotel has been refurbished and is looking very stylish and modern in the resturant and the bar area. Will definately visit again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wendyrae13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

realy nice hotel,friendly helpfull staff,clean good sized room,realy comfy bed.I ate from the bar menu ,which was limited but very good and reasonable,as the restaurant was in my opinion expensive and the bar menu had most of the dishes but at 2/3 the price of the restaurant .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed here several times now over the past couple of years, and the standard remains constant and very good. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Good restaurant and bar makes for a relaxing evening. The manager recognised me as I walked through the reception area, and welcomed me back to the hotel. I will have no problem coming back, yet again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Just been to Dean Park for a meal last night with my woman compliments of my work (Micronas LTD.) we both had the flambe peppered steak and I must say its the best steak I've had in a long time. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the service is second to none, very helpful and pleasant. After having a starter then going onto the main meal we both got asked if we wanted side dishes, seeing that the steak comes with fondant potato dont order chips with it unless you are a big eater. We also had a bottle of Rioja with the meal (after tones of vanilla, rasberry and cherry), this was a realy good wine to accompany the steaks and it rich pepper sauce.

Overall it is a very reasonable price to pay for a very lovely meal in a nice relaxing atmosphere, I hope that this review helps anyone thinking of going for a meal at the Dean Park

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Last week, my daughter got married at the Dean Park and everybody really enjoyed the day. We had a number of family staying from the US, Cornwall, Essex and other parts of the country and every one of them enjoyed the rooms, the food and service.
The wedding package they do is very reasonable and took all the stress away from us. The whole day went smoothly, thanks to the staff, and it didn't rain!
The setting is lovely, the staff are very efficient and helpful and the quality of the food was excellent. The rooms were comfortable and clean and our room was very spacious
We couldn't thank them enough for making our daughter's big day so special and problem free.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at the Dean Park hotel for a wedding, we found the hotel staff to be very friendly with a good level of service. We stayed in room 5 which was a good room except for the squeeky floorboards outside the bathroom. The food throught our stay was excellent and
Is fairly well priced at about £16 for a steak, we both had ribeye cooked to perfection. Would stay here again if we are in the area, it is a little way outside town but easy to find.

• Stayed May 2012
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We recently went to Dean Park for a Sunday meal as a family and were looking forward to a great meal. The menu was great with a mixed choice to suit every budget including a set choice menu of 2 or 3 courses which looked great value.
On this occasion we decided not to go for these options and opted for the main menu. Our first course was the only let down on another wise fantastic meal. I ordered the tempura prawns (a real fav of mines in other restaurants). When they came out they were presented well. I dipped one in the provided sauce and took a bite, When I looked on my plate though at the rest of the first prawn I noticed the intestinal tract was still in the prawn and due to these being King prawns this was a very big black vein looking up at me. Not what I expected from this class of restaurant. This left me picking at my starter cutting away the vein myself at the table and not really enjoying what could have been a very different starter. I did mention it to the waitress when she cleared my plate and showed her the remains on the side but it fell on deaf ears with no apology.
The saving grace to the meal was the flambé fillet steak!!! Worth every penny and one of the best I've had.
Had I not ordered the prawn starter this would have been a 5 star rating. Hopefully the restaurant read this and take on the feedback as it seemed to be ignored on the day?
I haven't stayed at the hotel as I live very local to it so can't comment on the rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pbraid
seank131071, Public Relations Manager at The Dean Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Hi Pbraid,

Thanks for the feedback and please accept my unreserved apologies at what was a very big mistake.

Our chef was embarrassed that something as simple as deveining a prawn, that is done on a daily basis in the kitchen, was missed and he send his apologies also.

I am pleased that you enjoyed you flambé steak, it is something that the Dean Park is famous for and is still very popular with our customers.

We have just launched a new menu, Dukes Bar and Bistro Menu. I hope you will come back to let us put right our mistake.

Sean
Marketing Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie
Old Manor Hotel
Old Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lundin Links

Been to The Dean Park Hotel? Share your experiences!