“Can't wait to stay here again and maybe a few days in their sister hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kirkcaldy
The Earl David Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Kirkcaldy B&B and Inns
London
“Can't wait to stay here again and maybe a few days in their sister hotel”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Thumbs up!!! really had a great time... The owners have been exceptional hosts... very welcoming and you just feel at home immediately. Breakfast was a touch of Scotland and was served to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble and the best of all is that they shared many secrets no travel guide will tell you. We followed their advise along side a couple of good travelers we met during our stay and visited lovely places that wasn't in our itinerary.

Can't wait to arrange another stay and maybe a few days in the other hotel/house they have near the beach.

Thanks and good luck to your new business venture.

Room Tip: room 2 is nice
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jachy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
dover
Reviewed August 8, 2011

we have just flown back down to kent today 8th august 011 we had a fantastic time at the earl david excellent service and very good food including a very hearty breakfast the owner are a fantastic couple who will do anything for you and make you welcome and you feel well at home there we were sad to leave, its clean tidy very good value for money, and you can spend a very good evening in the bar with the locals and they are so nice they really mke you welcome, we will certainly go back again any time we get a long break thanks to shaz and dave and kev and step an andy you really made it good for us and the company was cracking we will be back for sure. mr and mrs whittaker love to you all x
we miss you all already!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
yateley
Reviewed August 18, 2010

we booked this hotel at the last minute (heard about it via laterooms but booked direct and they gave me the same deal and included breakfast which was a bonus). got there late but David and his wife were very hospitable. We had our own key so could get back when we wanted the next night from Edinburgh which is not too far away for the Fringe (35 mins or so over Forth Bridge, though centre of Edin is a nightmare until they finish the tram). Decor is in need of some "titivation" as the present owners have not been in for long and not had much chance to update it yet. but they will I am sure. Room was nice clean and spacious for us 4 - 2 older teenagers not used to sharing a room with parents !! Breakfast was great too. especially the haggis and sausage ! Very friendly and to be recommended even though the hotel itself is not a visually stunning place. Also our room nice and quiet even though hotel is on a main road. we were at the back. But the town of Coaltown is quite quiet anyway and I suspect all rooms are quiet enough. Bed very comfortable and had a good night's sleep. off road parking adequate. near the road but felt safe enough. there is a chance to join regularsat the hotel bar if desired. no wi-fi yet but think it will come.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
england
Reviewed August 6, 2010

i stayed at the hotel for two nights with my children, on arrival we were met by the owner who could not do enough for us. Our room was clean and comfortable with a lovely view of the village. The staff were also very welcoming as were the locals, and the Scottish banter was fantastic... WATP

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank REALADVISE001
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Just thought I like to write this, back in January when I visited this Hotel it was a very nice place to stay. The owners at the time were very nice people and could not be more helpfull. We received excellent service with no complaints at all. I believe it changed hands in Feb/March this year so I cannot comment on what it's like now. It's a pity though, as it was a Very Very Nice Place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2010

after a hard days work we went 2 what we thought would be a decent hotel, after being shown our rooms i was disgusted to find that my bed had not been changed as someones pyjamas were under the dirty pillows, the walls in the room were so wet that the plaster and wallpaper was crumbling in my hand. we went for breakfast before starting work which was inedible( except the toast).very angry and annoyed especially after being charged 160 pound for one night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank eddieh_10

Travelers are raving about these Kirkcaldy hotels

Colorado
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed at the Earl David for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) in late May 09. I was on an extended business trip to Edinburgh when all the hotels sold out for a Rugby final causing me to venture out of the city for accommodations. The owners made me feel very welcome and were quite helpful in getting me information on things to do and see around Wemyss. I stayed in room 3 which was a single with a private "en-suite" bathroom and faces the back of the hotel towards to open meadows. The room and bathroom were small but no smaller than I have seen elsewhere in Europe. The bathroom had a full, stand-up shower. There was also a larger bathroom in the hall with a full tub with shower. The breakfasts were FANTASTIC and HUGE. The first day I simply asked for "full Scottish breakfast" and received eggs, two kinds of sausage, haggis, black pudding, fried bread and grilled potato bread as well as toast, coffee and juice. I was only able to eat about 1/2 of it. The second day I knew to ask for specifically what I wanted to avoid being brought so much food. They also made me dinner Friday night which was haggis with mashed potatoes and turnips which was also fantastic and huge. Their lobby pub was lively and friendly with darts, pool and variable electronic games. Of course there is always a soccer game on the telly. The owners "mum" works the bar and breakfast on the weekends and is very friendly and fun. Sunday was the big soccer final and the pub was full of boisterous fans. Both nights I went to bed long before the pub closed and noticed I could not hear the pub from my room (which was good). They also had a beautiful garden in back with picnic tables and umbrellas. There is a convenient bus stop just up the road where I caught a bus to St. Andrews and back for the day. The whole experience was very good and I would definitely stay again. It was also a great value.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business