“great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Home Farm View

Home Farm View
Ranked #27 of 126 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield
“great meal”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

excellent meals slightly spoiled by delay in service (due to staff not turning upthoses staff who were there worked very quickly & efficiently but as the Inn was full had difficulty in keeping up

• Polish first
“Waste of time and money”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Never waited so long in between courses and never bought food from a restaurant and left a whole plate of food

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Service good, food rubbish. Food used to be brilliant, now it's awful. What a shame.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My family and I have eaten here dozens and dozens of times - as we stay relatively close by.

Unfortunately the food has gotten steadily worse throughout the last year.

Home Farm View used to do the best fish and chips in Kirkcaldy.
Home Farm View used to be the talk of the town.
Home Farm View used to be mobbed all the time - now you'll never struggle to get a table for four people - even on bank holidays etc. It's never that busy these days!

I've eaten here 5 times this year - each time has been progressively worse.

And no wonder. The food used to be brilliant, but now they use dirty oil (how often do they clean their fryers?) and will serve cold food and/or steaks ordered rare and delivered cremated.

Blot everything before you eat it - I used four napkins on one bit of fish before it was even remotely edible. Serving food dripping in grease is bad enough - but when the oil used is old, disgustingly obviously in desperate need of being changed, it's just disgusting.

They used to use good quality fresh vegetables - now I'm sure everything is tinned? Either that or grown in a tramps wellington boot with no light or oxygen.

This place used to be brilliant, it really did. My extended family would gladly travel thirty miles to join us for dinner here once a month. Now we are forced to find somewhere else to eat.

Is it a new chef? Or have the powers that be simply quartered the food budget?

Either way, it's so disappointing. If they can get their act together, we'll be back.
It's a real shame because the staff are lovely, the service is really good - but the food is no longer remotely enjoyable.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Just not very nice”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Hmm where to start. Arrived with a 1 and a 3 year old at 1130 and asked if we wanted to sit in te children area. Go figure.
Waited for a bit then went and got the high chairs myself.
Left my wife with my order of the full Scottish and took nippers to the soft play. What a great idea free soft play and a really impressive one too.
Unfortunately the soft play was marred by kids that were too big by a long way running around it, thankfully they left for food. That's when I realised how grotty te soft play was. Now I do soft play ad I know it can be hard to keep clean but this was filthy.
We sat down to two lots of beans in toast and out two full Scottish with a cheeky babycino.
Fry up was 5/10 with little thought to presentation. Slopped on the plate is fair.
Beans on toast was generous and well received.
Now to my biggest beef, the babycino. It was coffee. Read that again. It was actual coffee. Waitress was perplexed when I told her my expectation was for warm frothy milk.
Fire the GM for this place and it could be THE places for families all weekend. As it is there were 3 small families there and I certainly will not be there again in the near future.

Rosyth
“Great Food and service”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

good food served well and at fair prices. Took my mother for her 84th birthday and she enjoyed it. Well worth the visit and also great for kids

Visited June 2013