“Banquet for a prince”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

From the food to the value and the service the Prince is just excellent. The staff greet you with genuine warmth and can't do enough for you. The 'banquet for two' is fantastic value for money with the two of you getting a platter of bajis, pakora , chicken tiki pieces, popadums, spicy onions, salad and dips...and this is just the starter! For the main you get to choose 2 chicken dishes, one lamb dish, a veg dish and nann bread. Each dish is unique in it's flavour and absolutely delicious. The lamb is so tender and a highlight of the meal. For desert there is a choice of tea, coffee or icecream if you can squeeze it in. All this for £10 each!!!!!Definately worth a visit and a 5 star review.

1  Thank LittleB30

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Have to say my husband and I went to this restaurant instead of our usual Amritsar just to try it, the worst decision we were ever to make the food was cold, the restaurant freezing no atmosphere, the staff were indifferent to us as we were not regulars. There was a table of regulars in and the staff were laughing and joking with them but it took them to say hello to my hubby and I. It was as quick as they could serve the meal and get us out. Would never go back and would not recommend it to anyone ever.

1  Thank Jax45
Reviewed April 10, 2013

After going to the Amritsar for years, I had heard things about it regarding the freshness of the food from someone who knew somebody that worked there. Think they had said the restaurant kept food that hadn't been used and served it again the next day or whatever. I also remember one time when I witnessed someone standing at the back door with a tray of chicken pakora (which was uncovered), and someone smoking right next to it! Unhygienic to say the least! Anyway the same person told me that The Prince was very good, and they always cooked everything fresh for customers. I had been there before but it was a while ago and I couldn't remember much about it. My girlfriend and me were looking for somewhere to eat one day, and so we decided to visit The Prince. We had the buffet/banquet for two, which costs only £20, and it was delicious!... they serve poppadoms and drinks to your candle lit table while you wait for the starter, which consists of onion bhajis, chicken tikka/tandoori, mixed pakora and salad / spiced onions / sauce. Then on to the main course, where you have a choice of two chicken dishes and a lamb dish, as well as a veg curry, rice and nan bread. The meat is succulent, tender and cooked to perfection. Curries are rich and flavoursome, good sized portions, and very tasty!... It's all finished off with some ice cream, tea or coffee. The whole meal is a generous amount of excellent food and great value for money! It really is a place where you get BOTH quality AND quantity... An absolute feast which can't be faulted, ...hence the reason we now go fairly regularly! Oh, one more thing I didn't mention! If you make a booking before Friday, for either a Friday or Saturday night, you'll get a free bottle of wine!... This place quite simply is.......AMAZING!! :-)

2  Thank Dean K
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times and find it fantastic. Especially the "buffet" although its not a buffet more like a set menu.
The restaurant is maybe a little dated decor wise. They are always polite and friendly and the food is absolutely excellent. Definitely worth the money. The set menu for 2 is £11 each. For that you get pompadoms and a pickle tray, which is all fresh and fabulous. Then a whole platter worth of starters (a main meal in itself). For the main you choose a chicken or beef dish each, a lamb dish to share, and a vegetable dish to share. This comes with your choice of naan bread and rice. You also get tea/coffee or ice cream as dessert (I've never had dessert always been too full). They are more than happy to bag it up for you if you cannot eat it all, that way you can have the rest later.
The price of drinks is a bit expensive but no more than any other restaurant prices.

Definitely recommend.

2  Thank kosconli
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Indian food done well is hard to find but the Prince has it to a tee the food was delicious and the staff were very attentive.

1  Thank wendyrae13