“Great staff, makes you feel at home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Victoria Hotel

and 1 more site!
Victoria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
sweetiedopey
“Great staff, makes you feel at home!”
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Came to kirkcaldy for an exam and hoped to have a quiet room to study, and got more than I hoped for! The gem of this charming hotel is its brilliant staff, they were very friendly and accomodating (with extra lamp and free wireless internet). All the staff were exceedingly supportive for its guests. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is a treat and with a wide selection. Great location - everything within walking distance including the town centre and the train station. Miss kirkcaldy and the Victoria Hotel dearly!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London UK
Reviewed March 5, 2010

Stayed at the Victoria hotel for one night.

There’s not much choice of hotels in Kirkcaldy and I suspect that the Victoria is as good as you can get.

It’s a fairly small hotel and although clean and freshly decorated is old fashioned. It’s about a 10 minute walk from the station and the sea front.

I had a single room, which was quite narrow and L shaped because of the shower / loo etc which was installed within the room.

It was clean – there was a TV but I could not manage to get it to work. There was a small comfortable bed, but the duvet was very small so it was difficult to keep it on all night.

The bathroom was clean with a shower.

The room had free web access – I understand some rooms in the hotel don’t get this because of their location.

I had an evening meal in the hotels restaurant – was not very impressed – the soup was OK – had a chicken Italian dish which was tasteless and a chocolate gateau which had artificial cream.

The breakfast was freshly cooked and very good.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is certainly ok for a nights stay but would not want to stay for longer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jclynes
leicester england
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed for two nights at the victoria hotel in february 2010. I initially booked for one night but when I realised I could travel a day earlier I rang the reception to increase the length of my stay and they couldn`t have been more helpful. Although I arrived just before midnight the staff who greeted me were polite and considerate and the night porter who also worked in the hotel bar was friendly and chatty. Breakfast was superb. Plenty of it and freshly cooked to order with a good choice of dishes. I attended a function at the hotel and the hospitality shown to everyone by the hotel staff could not be faulted. The cost of staying at the victoria resulted in excellent value for money, and the single room I had, although slightly small, was clean, comfortable and because of the quiet location of the hotel enabled me to sleep soundly each night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accomodation in kirkcaldy.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
South East
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I have just spent 6 night at the Victoria Hotel as I was visiting a very poorly relative in the nearby hospital. The staff were more than friendly - they were genuinely caring and asked every day about my hospital visits and could not do enough for me.

The rooms are lovely and clean and more than adequate if not luxurious. The food is truly wonderful and the Chef(s) clearly know their stuff. A tiny criticism would be that the restuarant music should be turned a bit lower and the tape changed now and again but I am nit-picking.

This is a good quality hotel with a welcoming and helpful staff who understand the concept of a 'guest' and treat them well and with kindness. I loved my stay and would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob_J51
Scotland
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Myself and Partner attended a function last night in the newly refurbished function suite at The Victoria Hotel. The meal was excellent and the staff were very polite and helpful.
We could not pick out a single fault throughout the whole evening and we will deffinately be returning to The Victoria Hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Bailey091
scotland
Reviewed October 30, 2009

My wife and i at least 2 to 3 times a month have a high tea at the hotel. On our last visit, 29/10/09, i had booked a table for 6.15pm. We arrived at the hotel at 6.10pm and purchased a drink from the bar, informing the manager/head waiter of our booking. He informed us menus would be brought to our table in the bar, in order to choose our meal. 10 minutes later i had to ask for the menus, we sat for a further 15 minutes waiting for our order to be taken, when this was not forthcoming, i informed the member off staff we would be cancelling our booking, his response and attitude was of indifference. The standard of service was shocking to say the least, i for one will not be visiting this hotel again, not exactly the way to treat a regular customer.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
liverpool
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Again a pleasure to stay at this friendly Hotel.
1st stayed here 5 years ago and its great to see it has not changed and still offers good value for money.
Breakfast was very tasty the rooms are clean and fresh , staff cant do enough for you so all in a 10/10 for the Victoria Hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank getalifeliverpool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
The Dean Park Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
Premier Inn Glenrothes Hotel
BEST WESTERN Balgeddie House Hotel

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!