“Lovely tapas”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I went here for lunch for a break from an afternoon out shopping. We ordered 3 tapas each. My calamari was lovely, as was the breads and the olives. The bar is also a great place for a drink. Staff were really friendly. 3 tapas each and 2 alcoholic drinks and the bill came to just over £20. The only complaint was that my friends tapas of battered prawns was a little greasy. I was pleased with all of my orders.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great value mini meals for £4 inc. a soft drink from 12 to 4 pm.
Service was great from the get-go. Food was lovely.
Venue is very attractive.
However, once we finished and wanted to pay it all went badly wrong.
Waitress brought us our bill and then wandered about all over the restaurant, demonstrating 101 different ways to be completely inefficient.
At one point, while waiting for her to come and pick up our bill again, we noticed her taking one drink from the bar to a table and then walking back the bar and picking up the other drink and taking it to the same table! If she can't handle more than one drink at a time, could she consider the concept of a tray, perhaps?
We were hoping to pay by credit card but after waiting 20 minutes or more, we eventually dredged about in pockets, purses and wallets to find the exact correct amount so that we could just leave.
No tip.
Everything was great, right up to the end, when the waitress had an emergency lobotomy behind the scenes and completely lost the plot.
Although it was a Saturday, it was still a lunch, when the universal rule of restaurants is quick, efficient service to let the customers eat and go and get on with the rest of the day.
Guys, your venue is lovely, your menu is great, most of your service is good: sort out that last, crucial 10%.

1  Thank Filosofo1961
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our second visit to Toro. The first time it was great the food was lovely and the two waiters we very friendly and helpful. This time it was as if we were in the way... The food was great, but the staff couldn't be bothered. Far to busy texting or just not trained properly. It hard to be honest and fair without mentioning certain members of staff and this is not a personal thing, but if it was my restaurant I wouldn't want customers to be treated so shabbily and as if they were in the way. It is a shame as it was a great experience the first time, but this occasion was so poor and could have been so different.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Being a vegetarian in Fife is hard. I even wrote a song about it. Well not really but in my head I sing "Oh oh Vegetarian, I'm a vegetarian, I'm a hard done by vegetarian in Fife" to the tune of the Sting classic "Englishman in New York". If you are familiar with Sting are also a vegetarian in Fife then do feel free to sing along in your own head.

It's nice to have somewhere to go with lots of different veggie options. The tapas are really tasty too. They do really good deals too and the portions are perfect.

Hooray for Toro!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

i couldnt rave about this place enough when i first visited but my oh my whats happened now staff unhelpful food ok but not as good as last time will think hard before i go back again

1  Thank AllanW170