“Girls night out.”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was the first visit for two of my friends and the waiter, Ben, was most helpful and talked them through the menu. Not only was the food very good the portions were most generous and the cocktails were not bad either. With the bill came two vouchers for our next visit, one for free tapas and one for free coffee. We will definitely go back to use them.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We've eaten here a few times, and it's always been consistently good. The menu has a good range of dishes, and they do good value bundle deals on certain nights of the week.

On our third (most recent) visit, however, we found a grey hair in the black pudding dish. To make matters worse, we were nearing the end of the meal, we'd polished off most other dishes - how much other hair had we eaten? Disgusting.

The staff are friendly, polite and helpful, and there is a nice relaxed atmosphere - but nothing redeems bad food hygiene, and for hat we will not be back.

We'll visit again for cocktails, but despite having had several good meals there - the thought of eating hair repulses me. Never again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

A group of 3 of us went here for a late meal last night and it was clear from the second I had to get our menus that it would be a disaster! We were told on arrival that 2 people hadn't turned up for their shifts so to expect a slower service. Slower quickly turned into non-existant! We had to get our own menus, remind the staff after 30 minutes of no acknowledgment that we were yet to order, when our food eventually came out we were missing a couple of items which we had to point out to them, no-one came to check if our meal was okay (uncooked chips, fishy scallops, laughable patatas bravas which seem to be cubes of potato squirted with burger sauce, soapy taste to a few items...) and after the meal I was told to go downstairs myself to order our coffees! I was sympathetic to start with as the 2 waitresses and manager were clearly under pressure but by the end of the meal they were a lot quieter and could've been much more attentive. Definitely won't be back!

1  Thank lauraLAD
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I went here for lunch with hubby and kids. Staff are friendly and welcoming.
Felt like we had to ask the waitress a few times about the specials that were advertised outside as they were not forthcoming. But once we had all the options we chose 2 tapas each with a few side dishes.
The kids had the kids choice. I do feel that £5 is a bit expensive for a kids meal but that did include a drink and ice cream.
The tapas we chose were absolutely delicious. The side salad I had I really enjoyed. The chips were like hand cut wedges, they were ok but felt like they needed a bit more flavour. The bread and dipping oils I didn't enjoy, the bread was not warm far too much bread for the two tiny wee pots of oil. There was no balsamic vinegar. This was personal choice and I just wouldn't get it again.
I sampled a few cocktails which were very good. Nice to get a decent cocktail.
I felt that we could have been served a bit quicker as it seemed to take ages but the waitress was busy. And we had to be leaving for a certain time. It wouldn't matter if we were not on a timescale.
I would definitely go back soon. I would have stayed for more cocktails at the time if I didn't have to be somewhere else.

1  Thank kosconli
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food in a relaxed but vibrant atmosphere. The staff were really helpful and courteous. We were part of a large group and they were attentive to our needs. They all face excellent advice about the dishes on offer. The tapas were great. The group thoroughly enjoyed the visit and we would all certainly return.

1  Thank Ronnie R