“No thanks!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“No thanks!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I used to love this restaurant although over the last two years or so I've been disappointed on most occasions. There are about two members of staff who are pleasant on a consistent basis. The owner is rude and seems to forget that by people dining there, we are making his business money. The dining experience is rushed and it seems the clock ticks from the moment you sit down to see how quick they can get you out again. While it is good to get your food quickly if you are hungry, when dining with friends etc there is no scope for a chat after you have finished eating, an "italian" waiter once visited our table three times to see if we wanted the bill, when we finally said we'll ask when we are ready he ignored us afterwards. The food is generally a variety of microwave specials and the last I had there (takeaway pizza) was nothing short of terrible. However, nothing compares to when i was dining during the "lunch menu" a few months ago. Desert time came and I asked for ice cream, to be told "there is none" very rudely by an italian waiter. While I thought this was strange, i accepted it. Then, he carried a tray of 4 ice creams past me to the next table!!!! When I went to speak to the other waiter, I was told "oh don't listen to him, he speaks rubbish". He speaks rubbish, and the place is rubbish. I won't be back. And I have also heard a lot about stomach upsets and items you haven't had added to the bill from others.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank K F

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Amazing Italian”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great food, well priced! Loved the bruschetta and had a pasta dish for main that was good too! The waiting staff were on hand as and when we needed them, and the background music was authentic Italian. Would definitely return!

Visited November 2012
argyll
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Went a few weks ago and i have to say i was very disappoined.
Everthing looked and tasted as if it was bought from a supermarket - really bland and the clazone i had was cold.
Although the portion size was huge!
The house white wine was horrible and beer is over priced.
Staff came across very bored and cutlery was thrown onto the table after we had sat down despite us being one of three tables in the place!
Not impressed and will not be going back.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank ArgyllBebe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely brilliant!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Iv came here for years, and every time it has been fantastic, family meals, work night outs, hen party's the lot! The atmosphere is welcoming and proper Italian! love coming here and will do so for as long as I'm not on a diet!! enjoy!!

“Amazing food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Would come back service was top class .. Food was amazing and staff were really nice.. Prices were good .. Over all 10/10 will be back very good!