“Back on form!”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Kirkcaldy
“Back on form!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After this restaurant changed hands we felt the standards dropped but am happy to report that we enjoyed a beautiful meal yesterday, with delicious food, served promptly by friendly staff. We will be back!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CJM937

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Not up to scratch”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

There were four of us went here and none of the meals were good, the prawn curry was bland and rubbery and the chicken was tasteless we asked for tins of coke and lemonade. It came in a little vase flat after complaining we saw the waiter running across the road to the diner for cans of coke quiet funny but still wont be back

Visited February 2013
2 Thank wendyrae13
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Nice food and friendly staff”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Like another here I felt I had to add a review to counter some of what has been said. We ate their tonight. staff were friendly, service was prompt and friendly, plenty of attentive staff, food was very good, bottled beer is £3-50 so had a large glass of Merlot instead for £4. Very nice Merlot indeed, convinced me to have a second. All in all a very nice meal

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Peter R
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great food in great surroundings....”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Maxin after a matinee Panto at Adam Smith. Oh yes we did.... I had read the reviews and was a bit worried that we were going to be a bit underwhelmed...... However, there were 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 kids and our meal from start to end was brilliant. Really good and stand out were the crispy squid starter, shredded chicken and the emperor prawns. Service was warm and friendly, restaurant busy enough and our food was the best Chinese I have eaten for a long time. My parents. Wife and kids were also suitably impressed, I don't normally take time to write reviews on restaurants but given some of the previous reviews realised that a lot of the time we are content, we say nothing and only take time out to moan. I wanted to rebalance the comments with our own experience. Go, enjoy! That's my advice.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Stuart H
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“Very average with dodgy service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went along with family and friends, the food was very average and served badly. For instance our party was not served at the same time, there could be a good few minutes between all parties receiving their food. This was the case for both starters and mains. Drinks for this part of the world were over priced, £3.30 for the smallest bottle of Cobra I have ever seen! Finishing with Irish coffee seemed to be a challenge for the staff and the resulting drinks were a laugh to be kind. I won't be rushing back its just too amatuerish.

• Visited November 2012