“Amazing, will be back very soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Continental

Cafe Continental
Ranked #28 of 126 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just reopened November 11th 2010
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Amazing, will be back very soon”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

For my mums birthday I purchased a Groupon voucher which gave us 2 courses and a glass of wine each for four people, all if this for £30!

I booked it with no problems and even took down balloons and a cake on the day and they were brilliant! On arrival all the balloons were set up! The meal was beautiful and freshly made! The wine was excellent and very reasonable for drink after we had finished our complimentary drinks with the voucher.

The young girl who served us was fantastic. She was very attentive and helpful!

Even if you don't have a voucher the food is very reasonable and needless to say I will be back and will be recommending it to others!

Overall a brilliant experience and made a special occasion very special indeed! EXCELLENT!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KSW6588

Belfast, United Kingdom
“a wasted night”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

turned up on a Friday night at 8pm as booked. there were 4 of us and only one other table occupied. Had a few pre dinner drinks.More expensive than George St pri ces in Edinburgh. Starter came comprising 3 cheap frozen prawns in thick batter on a bed of dead rocket garnished with tinned sweetcorn. main courses disappointing. fillet steak off. when we complained got feedback from the chef via the waitress that the steak was fresh. evidently it was not. desserts not fresh either. To top it all the waitress who was in firing line we felt sorry for so tried to give her a tip but was told she wasnt allowed to accept tips! Finally avoid the potholes at the entrance. we will not be back. Tip to proprietor , get some good chefs and put your staff through intensive customer service training.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank duckywhateva
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't rush back”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was given vouchers for "the cafe" as a present and hadn't been in over 10 years. I remember this place had a great buzz back in the day. Not now. We had a meal at 7.30pm on a Saturday and there were only 3 other tables eating. I'm not surprised at the lack of customers. We waited over 30 minutes for our starter to arrive and when it did the soup was barely warm and the batter on the tempura king prawns was soggy. Our maincourse arrived and the chicken was, in our opinion, just cooked (quite wet and almost pink)... so much so that we considered sending it back. My beef medallions were very veiny and chewy. At the end of the meal I told the waitress who was very apologetic but didn't look very shocked. I won't be back. Such a shame, i used to love that place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Neil M
Kelso, United Kingdom
“Very nice indeed”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited this lovely restaurant for dinner with my partner on a Sunday night and it was a lovely way to spend an evening. The food was delicious and the service was unobtrusive, polite and attentive. I probably wouldn't eat here on a Friday or Saturday because I think it could be a little noisy given the proximity of the bar and the profusion of hard surfaces all around but I would definitely recommend it on a Sunday or for a cheeky midweek feast!

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Slow service, bland food.”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I've given this place a number of chances now, why I just do not know.
A pretentious over priced menu delivering bland food. What really let's the place down though is the service, unbelievably slow. Only three tables being served and it still took nearly an hour to get our meal. I'd have walked out if it had been my choice.

• Visited November 2013