“Great food, great front of house”
Review of The Waterfront

The Waterfront
Ranked #3 of 127 Restaurants in Kirkcaldy
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Scotland
“Great food, great front of house”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just back from my first ever visit to this place. At the very opening of the front door, we felt very welcome and that was the theme throughout the night. The selection of aperitifs, wines and liqueurs was more than adequate and not over priced and the menu had something for everyone. Two of us had the catch of the day (salmon, plaice and hake in a lobster, crayfish sauce) which was sublime. The venison was excellent too and the selection of vegetables was varied and delicious. I was the only one who had dessert but I can highly recommend the citrus trio.
The chef came out to ensure we had enjoyed the meal and this was a lovely touch. The only negative comments- it was a bit cold in the place ( but it WAS cold tonight) and the crockery was a bit dated. Sounds ridiculous but being presented on a pure white plate would make this fabulous meal stunning.
Plus points- food amazing, not too expensive, great for something special and waiting staff FABULOUS!!!

• Visited March 2013
6 Thank Mandste

“Great value great food warm welcome.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went again recently after debating wether to go out or not, glad we did superb food, good flavors and tastes differing vegetables to compliment main meal. I will be back very soon

5 Thank P8kvn
Burntisland, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were back at the Waterfront for the 1st time for quite a while tonight, and I really enjoyed the experience.
The starter of Smoke haddock fish cake was very pleasing nice little flakes of tasty haddock through the fish cake. This was followed by pork belly, one of my favourite dishes, again a good effort, some would say the plate was a bit fussy, which it was, but for me it surprisingly worked very well, some interesting flavours on the plate. The dessert for me was the highlight, a citrus trio, check out the lemon posset, delicious.
Good coffee to round it off, a bonus for me, nothing worse than bad coffee at the end of a good meal, fortunately the coffee was good.
All in all, well worth a visit.

6 Thank Doddiebeadle
“Anniversary dinner”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband & I went to the waterfront last weekend for our anniversary, the food is lovely, service good & chef checked all was okay with our meal. My only comment would be the crockery is second rate for this type of restaurant along with paper napkins!

6 Thank Margaret G
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Good quality and good price!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stopped here after reading some great reviews and were glad we did. We had the lunch menu at the Waterfront, and although extremely quiet the restaurant had a good atmosphere. The citrus trio dessert is divine - highly recommended! The staff were friendly without being overbearing and the chef even introduced himself to check everything was okay which we appreciated. Overall great experience!

4 Thank Loubylou51