“Misleading”

The Beveridge Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Spent one night here, arrived later and were attending a wedding in another hotel. Booked a table for dinner, servicewas quick and dinner as a whole was tasty, except the apple crumble which was meant to be with cream or ice cream was offered neither but had to ask for cream was was so dry.
breakfast was alright...we were down just after 9am and was very little left and very little choice. We ordered a tea and a coffee but ended up with two teas!
The website is very misleading in respects to the rooms, was very dark and no light in main room other than an upligher on the floor. Due to the weather recently it's been very warm and room was very uncomfortable to sleep in and this was with the window open. were not offered even a fan.

If you are looking for cheap and cheerful, but maybe check which room you are getting!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed in room 14 for one evening. Did my research and selected this place based on the pictures on their website. However the room we stayed in was nothing like what was on their website. Our bed had what looked like to be a blood or coffee stain on it (the bottom part) I slept on the bed but didn't go under the sheets I was so disgusted. I felt like I was staying at a hostel but the price I paid was not hostel pricing at all. The waitress during breakfast didn't speak english very well, got our orders wrong, and didn't even know what sunny side up eggs were. We were happy to spend all night out and leave very early the next morning. Never going back to this dingy hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed one night, mainly due to convenience and price - £59 B+B.
The hotel seems quite popular, especially for the lunchtime food, but I can only comment on the breakfast, which was good, when it eventually arrived (a 30 minute wait for a cooked breakfast isn't really acceptable!) but served by someone who really did look like they didn't want to be there!
The bar area is OK and the staff helpful and friendly (same can also be said for the reception staff) with a pint of Best at a reasonable £3.
The menu did look good, but I decided against eating there due to having a big lunch earlier in the day.

Overall, the hotel is looking a little tired and the same can be said for the room: mould around the bath is never attractive and the walls of the bedroom (which was a good size) had a shade of purple paint which looked as though it had been thrown on!
The bed was big and comfortable, so I did have a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Never stayed in hotel but enjoyed a meal there. Menu has good choice of traditional food and Indian style food. No complaints with what we had to eat but disappointed to be served by a very, very untidy waitress.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in room 16 which is located just above the entrance door to the hotel and the smoking area. The room was comfortable and clean and breakfast was pretty good, although the fruit option was limited to tinned mandarin oranges and a choice from a bowl of fruit. Room was very warm so we had to have the windows open overnight which highlighted the fact that the roof was a favourite stopping off point for the noisy seagulls from 4 am onwards, we were above the smoking area where smokers congregated and spoke noisily from 6.30 am onwards and late into the evening, and the hotel is located on a fairly busy main road junction. Breakfast staff were mostly cheerful, chatty and very polite. Town centre was about a 15 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not above the main door to the hotel and is not on the front of the hotel if...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed for two nights while I attended a local wedding celebration and overall it was a pleasant experience. My room was clean and comfortable but was on the second floor with no lift access and I still haven't learnt to travel light. The only meal I took was breakfast each morning; this was served to order rather than a serve yourself buffet, but I had to ask for a menu as none were set out on the tables. The quality of the food was fine and the service was friendly, but on the second day my meal included a portion of baked beans that I hadn't ordered and didn't really want; rather than have to wait for a replacement I accepted it. Later when I went to get some toast I got back to my table to find my place had been cleared away, so I then had to ask for a replacement knife, plate and coffee - one of the perils of travelling alone I guess. A bit more attention to detail would help, but everyone was polite and friendly so no real black marks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as we had to travel to Scotland for a family funeral... The staff are lovely food is lovely in fact outstanding, would recommend anyone to go for a meal.
If you have any problems climbing stairs or a disability I wouldn't recommend staying here, or if you require a quite peaceful night don't stay as you can hear anyone in the others rooms.

Nothing is too much for the staff but wouldn't recommend staying there as its to noisy and there is too many stairs to the first floor bedrooms :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kirkcaldy
The Gilvenbank Hotel
The Gilvenbank Hotel
#8 of 9 in Glenrothes

Been to The Beveridge Park Hotel? Share your experiences!