“Big disappointment”

The Beveridge Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I must state we did not stay overnight at hotel so can not comment on rooms. But we were at hotel for a family event (funeral of my sister in law) and we were very disapponted, the bar did not have a good selection of drink infact it was very poor. My husband had a pint and which tasted as of it came from the end of the barrel he was told there was nothing wrong with it, my mother in law hot a dirty glass and when she asked for another glass at bar the barman wiped the glass with a cloth an hand it back to her. The selection of food at the Boufet was also not up to scratch a few sandwiches which did not have a good selection (ham, egg nd salad) although the sausage rolls where delicous.
But the biggest disappointment was the fact a grown man of over 6 foot was rude to children as young as 3! The where told to stop running around and not allowed out of room to use toilet as group and had to go individual as they would annoy other guest at a seperate part of hotel. I would not recommend hotel for any kind of family function if this is their attitude towards children. We were in grievance that day so we left and went to deer park hotel in which we had been staying over in to enjoy the rest of our evening. I have rang beverage to air out my concerns before I write my review and was advise it was due to health and safety, I am still in shock thy they would put a grown man being ignorant to children as young as 3 as a health ad safety matter. I will not be back at hotel and would not recommend hotel to anyone with small children

• Stayed: May 2013
apnadil11, Public Relations Manager at The Beveridge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. At our hotel we have strict policies to protect children at our hotel from hurting themselves. In reception we have a heavy revolving door which seems to be irresistible to children to play in, but in the past we have had children hurt in this door, also we have a very busy car park just outside the door that is frequented by taxis who unfortunately do not always obey the speed limit . Keeping these points in mind we feel the safest place is for the children to be with their parents especially when in our function hall which is at the other side of the hotel, and children are allowed to use the toilets any time they want which are located next to the function hall. All this is done so to assure the health and safety of all our patrons and guests. May I convey our deepest sympathy for your sad loss on behalf of management and staff. Kindest Regards.

There are newer reviews for The Beveridge Park Hotel

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived in Kirkcaldy without having booked anywhere to stay and picked this hotel randomly.
We have to say it was a very good choice. All the staff were very friendly and helpful - one young man even carried our case upstairs to our room for us as we are elderly.
The room was nice and clean and the bed very comfy. The bathroom was nice and spacious, with a wet room type walk in shower.
The food in the restaurant was good and very pleasant staff. Breakfast was also very good.
Easy parking and well situated for ease of getting about.
We would certainly stay here again next time we are in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mays-Baird
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ended up at this hotel after a random road trip led us to Edinburgh, it was the only one that didn't have any hidden charges when we were looking on comparison sites. We paid £80 which included two breakfasts. When we arrived there was more than enough parking, which was free. We checked in at reception and were dealt with by a lovely lady named Lesley who was more than happy to help with anything. We stayed in room 18 which was lovely, nice purple walls with patterned curtains and a stunning bathroom. The first thing I noticed was that the place was spotless. The tv was a very decent size, mounted on the wall for comfortable viewing. We didn't try the room service menu as it was past 9pm when they stopped serving, but the choice of Indian and British food looked good and made me wish we had got there sooner! We popped out for something to eat, and again Lesley was helpful with directions. When we returned, I used the shower which was perfect, and the basket by the skink generously filled with toiletries certainly saved the day since we hadnt packed anything! The bed was fine, and the sheets soft and cosy.

When we got up we went straight down for breakfast, which we expected to be just your standard, one sausage one bacon some beans and a slice of toast, but no. It was a full Scottish breakfast with haggis and the lot! And not just that, but a buffet breakfast too with cereals, juices, yogurts, fruit etc. The staff were friendly and kept coming to top tea and coffee up, they couldn't do enough for us.

We then had to check out and head home which was a real shame as the whole ambiance of the hotel was so relaxing. We hope to return soon, so that we can visit the lovely area more, knowing that we will be well looked after at the beveridge park hotel :)

I think the reviews that say "poor" or "terrible" are more of a reflection on the Attitudes of the reviewers rather than facts.

I would recommend this place to anyone :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lusijay
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed a weekend at this hotel. We were very disappointed with the service at breakfast the waitress topped up my tea with coffee when told came back with coffee instead of tea. Half a slice of black pudding each is a bit stingy.
A waitress came to us in the dining room and asked not to open our windows wide as the manager did not like it. We were also accused of smoking in our room which was absolutely not true. When we got home we realised that we had been charged £90 extra which was a fine. I phoned the manager he would not speak to me but the two people I spoke to were very rude.
We will never go back there

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ann w
apnadil11, Front Office Manager at The Beveridge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I do apologise the waitress made a mistake and poured the wrong beverage into your cup at breakfast, however we don't serve black pudding at breakfast we use haggis which is cut thickly and then cut in half, to stop it crumbling too much due to the fresh quality from our local butcher.
Smoking policies are in place to ensure the Health and Safety of all guests within the hotel; most fires today are caused due to people smoking in bedrooms. All guests are told our smoking policies at check in and still continue to ignore the risk to others.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Having a contract in the area, Myself and 4 guys needed a place to stay. We searched around a bit and found this place. Although not our first choice, as our first was full at the time but could however accommodate us in 2 days. Well to cut a long story short, We have stayed where we are. Lovely Staff and a deal Can be struck for long stays or groups. The owners are flexible on their prices subject to requirements. If you like Indian/Asian food then you will be in Heaven. Great tasting and flavorsome. Beware of the Naan Bread, Its massive!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, we enjoyed having you all here, and I would have to agree with you regarding the Naan Bread, they are massive but also very good.
We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regard

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Just got married in the Beveridge Park Hotel. There is absolutely nothing we could fault - from the staff who couldn't do enough for us, to the food and the quality of the accommodation. Many of our guests stayed over so we had an opportunity to get a good sample of opinions. Every single guest commented on the high standards. Everyone worked really hard to ensure that everyone of our guests were fantastically well looked after. We are already planning our next visit,along with a group of our friends. Can't praise the staff enough - Thank you for helping to make our wedding day perfect!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carole S

It was a fabulous day for you both. We are pleased you and all your guests had such positive feed back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has potential to be good with a makeover, its so basic - cheap and nasty basic. It's not the type you would recommend . One of the staff were nice, they would probably do a grand job in a decent hotel but suppose you can only work with tools you've got. Went to the toilet after supper and there's a bike and hoover in the hall. (Classy) Wouldn't recommend it at all :(
No valance on the bed you can see how grotty they are which made me check the mattress and pillows. All I can say is I wish I had not.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank beastylover

We are a bit disappointed by your remarks, and can’t understand where the ‘Bike in the hall way’ would have appeared from. However, if your comments were brought to our attention whilst you were here we could have made an attempt to rectify any issues you may have had.
Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
The Dean Park Hotel
Travelodge Glenrothes
Travelodge Glenrothes
#2 of 9 in Glenrothes
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel

Been to The Beveridge Park Hotel? Share your experiences!